1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Where do you all live?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stu, Dec 17, 2002.

1. tricket

tricket Well-Known Member

Hong Kong. A boring city managed by a stupid government. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Stu

Stu Senior member

Tricket: I've never been but have always thought HK would be fascinating. I can only imagine the culinary possibilities facing you. I would love to wander through the grocery stores and markets there. And I'm sure there are great tailors there, in the fine old British tradition. Why do you find it boring?

3. cristobal

cristobal Well-Known Member

I live in Chicago's Lakeview neighborhood. There are some curious boutiques up here, but I spend the bulk of my money on Michigan Ave. Born in Tehran, Iran, but don't remember a thing, I was two when my family left during the Revolution. I'd love to see the birthplace, but for now, I'm a Chicagoan.

4. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Cristobal:

Where exactly is Lakeview?

5. cristobal

cristobal Well-Known Member

Steve B., I don't know the city's official boundaries for the neighborhood, but it covers portions of what some people call "Wrigleyville," and extends down to the Lincoln Park neighborhood. I guess it's bordered by Irving Park on the north, Lake Michigan on the east, Lincoln? on the west and Diversey on the south. Other guesses from fellow Chicagoans or other knowledgable types are welcome.

6. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Guess I'll have to check my map. Just curious. Was brought up in WI and never really liked Chi until my last trip there. There are some great stores and neighborhoods. Glad to be here (SF- Northern CA) this time of year though...Raining an awful lot this year, however.

7. tricket

tricket Well-Known Member

Stu, Yes we've got very good tailors here in Hong Kong. Most of them make clothes in British style but occasionally you can find some who are good at replicating the Napoli attire. However, not a lot of people appreciate dressing up in this city because the economy is so bad that nobody has the right mood to care about how others groom themselves. With a good supply of experienced tailors here in Hong Kong, we've got solutions to most of the fitting and details questions raised by friends in this forum. You can ring me if you come by and I can show you how to create the most exquisitely detailed look in surgically accurate tailored clothing in Hong Kong. That's really fun but not of the top priority that we Hong Kong people are looking for at the moment. [​IMG]