1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Where do Indian college students shop?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dusty, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Dusty, have you solved this mystery yet? I am dying to know as well. Maybe you should ask.

2. dusty

dusty Senior member

We don't know definitively, but I think the consensus is that they buy in India from Indian labels that take stylistic cues from American and European brands. Still no recognizable branding.

3. emrinder

emrinder New Member

youre right they are getting it from india. alot of college students who are indian but didnt grow up in the US wear clothing from india because of preference and practical reasons. the extrem flares and tight leg jeans are often worn with tight, bright colored shirts or knock off t shirts. There are no real discernible brands among most Indian youth in India. Most people wear inexpensive indian or chinese facotry made jeans. Ask the people you see wearing clothing like this and they could probably help get some of that tyep of clothing for pretty cheap.

4. oman

oman Senior member

maybe ask them?

5. dusty

dusty Senior member

maybe ask them?

A) I don't know any, and B) I'm not going to ask somebody where they shop if I don't like their clothes. If they respond with "Oh, you like it?," I'm trapped!

6. oman

oman Senior member

oh, you don't like it? i thought this thread was made because you wanted to buy this stuff

i'm curious now, i don't think i've ever seen the styles that you're describing

you should consider taking a couple of discrete photos with a cameraphone, and posting them in this thread

7. seen

seen Senior member

Meh, Fubu, Enyce, Timberland, etc. 3 sizes up is the standard, real thugs go for 5 sizes up.

8. dusty

dusty Senior member

Not a bad idea, but as I've lamented in other threads, I can't get pics off my phone without buying a special dongle (and that's $15 you're NOT getting from me, Motorola!).

9. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

You can buy a Bluetooth dongle from other manufacturers.

10. dusty

dusty Senior member

You can buy a Bluetooth dongle from other manufacturers.

My computer has built-in Bluetooth and it wouldn't work. I suspect it's a proprietary dongle.

11. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

My computer has built-in Bluetooth and it wouldn't work. I suspect it's a proprietary dongle.

Just use a USB cable. The one that came with my camera works just fine with my RAZR.

12. dusty

dusty Senior member

My phone does not have a USB port.