Where do I get me some wool pants?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dietcookie, Jan 9, 2005.

1. dietcookie

dietcookie Senior member

As of late, i've only been wearing cotton dress pants from the Gap. All different shades of grey and they all look awful with any of my new nifty sportcoats/blazers. I guess I need some good ol wool pants. Where can I find some that make a W28 or W29/30 (and get them brought in) that won't break the bank? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....me=WDVW those look cool but I would think they would look funky with an odd jacket?

2. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

Nice pants, I wouldn't wear them with a blazer though. And the inseam's really short cause they've been hemmed, so make sure it's not too short.
    Wear are you located, it might help to tell you where to shop. Daffy's in NY always has tons of such pants (usually odd, but well made, Italian brands) at great prices. Some real gems there.

Dan

3. dietcookie

dietcookie Senior member

I live in San Diego. Not much around here compared to what i've read about other places like NY and such. Do you have any suggestions in brands/stores I could maybe visit? We have access to the typical Saks Fifth/Nordstrom. It's hard to find my size though, unless i'm willing to get something altered. On a side note, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....38&rd=1 Too good to be true? If not, is an alteration to a W28 possible?

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

From the description it looks like the pants have probably been altered from a 30 to a 32, so taking them down to a 28 should be doable. Seems like an excellent deal, especially for a troublesome size.