Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Where do I find awesome ties?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hbruce, May 8, 2006.

1. hbruce

hbruce Member

Hey people!

I'm about to start a fashion label with mens accessories and primarily ties. Now, my question to you is - what stores would you go to to find cool ties from an indie label? (I.e. what stores would you think consider to stock a small, but rad, label like mine?).

Both web and real stores are of interest!

Best,
    Bruce

2. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Might be easier to help you if we could see some pictures of what you're offering.

3. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Might be easier to help you if we could see some pictures of what you're offering.
    Ha!--rad labels don't need to show pictures. They're too exclusive.

4. Alter

Alter Senior member

Hey people!

I'm about to start a fashion label with mens accessories and primarily ties. Now, my question to you is - what stores would you go to to find cool ties from an indie label? (I.e. what stores would you think consider to stock a small, but rad, label like mine?).

Both web and real stores are of interest!

Best,
    Bruce

Your last name wouldn't be Hakashi, by any chance? [​IMG]

5. Kai

Kai Senior member

6. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

If you are on a budget (or if you aren't but just don't want to spend $150 for a tie that you can get cheaper for a little searching) go to TJ MAXX. I'm always impressed with what I find there for $19.99 or less... you'll find things from Altea, Escada, Joseph Abboud, Brooks Brothers, Ike Behar, Givenchy (often the good, new stuff, not the old licensed junk), occasionally even Hickey-Freeman, and lots of other stuff if you look around.

Of course, sometimes you'll find nothing at all if you go... but in general you will find something.

John

EDIT: I just saw that it says you are in Stockholm/Hong Kong. So, I'll still leave my post anyway, but I doubt you'll have a TJ MAXX around Sweden.

7. hbruce

hbruce Member

Well, thing is I don't have that much pictures to show yet. The basic idea though is to produce ties that are more interesting than what's on the market today. More colors, better patterns, novel materials, etc.
    Paul Smith has some ties in their lates collection that is in the similar direction.

8. hbruce

hbruce Member

Your last name wouldn't be Hakashi, by any chance? [​IMG]

Sorry, no. Who's Hakashi?

9. hbruce

hbruce Member

If you are on a budget (or if you aren't but just don't want to spend $150 for a tie that you can get cheaper for a little searching) go to TJ MAXX. I'm always impressed with what I find there for $19.99 or less... you'll find things from Altea, Escada, Joseph Abboud, Brooks Brothers, Ike Behar, Givenchy (often the good, new stuff, not the old licensed junk), occasionally even Hickey-Freeman, and lots of other stuff if you look around.

Of course, sometimes you'll find nothing at all if you go... but in general you will find something.

John

EDIT: I just saw that it says you are in Stockholm/Hong Kong. So, I'll still leave my post anyway, but I doubt you'll have a TJ MAXX around Sweden.

Thanks!

Never heard of TJ MAXX but I'm checking out their website as I'm writing. Do they have any stores in Manhattan (couldn't figure from their store locator)? We're aiming internationally from start so that they're not in Sweden doesn't matter really...

//Bruce