1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Where do guys get these bad gym habits?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by robin, Aug 9, 2008.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

2. lifersfc

lifersfc Senior member

I grunt, sweat like a pig, and drop weights (only on dead lifts though -- lowering max weights slowly is dangerous for your back).

I actually like when other people do these things, because it makes the gym seem more like a war zone than a country club. Good motivation.

DO NOT CURL IN THE SQUAT RACK OR I WILL EAT YOUR CHILDREN.

3. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

4. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

5. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Oh my bad, here is the one where people talk about interesting characters at the gym
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=74014

Close but no. I don't think you get the concept. Moving on now.

6. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

I've been to many membership gyms and you cannot get away from these characters.

There is one gym where they aren't, that's my small gym at work. But then I gotta see all these people from work and chit chat. I kind of consider gym time my personal time, so I prefer not to have to deal with chit chat and networking there.

My favorite gym was one where there was very low membership. In fact I thought it was on the verge of going out of business, but it never did. If I timed my workout right, there might be only 2 or 3 other people there at the same time.

7. Nil

Nil Senior member

The only gym I've gone to that was generally free of most of these was a boxing/power lifting gym I frequented for awhile. The only bad habit that was present was the loud yelling during lifting but I'll give anyone moving the amount of weight these guys did a bit of leeway on that one.

8. Mustapha

Mustapha Senior member

I'll add to the OP's list the guys that AREN"T built/cut/muscled but have adopted the 'walk' - with arms hanging out from the body; like some of those pics in WAYWT[​IMG] to emphasise the waist on a coat.