1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Where did you meet your wife/gf/SO?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Matt, Jun 13, 2010.

1. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

Met her on myspace.

Is she legal?

2. gilwood

gilwood Senior member

Jan-Mar 2010 gf: Met her at strippy. Hottest chick in the joint. Got a lapdance + number from her. She stayed the night two days later.

Apr-Current gf: Met at thumping loud club. Hottest chick in the joint with leopard spandex on. Hair almost 12" high. I saw her and said "How you doin'". She said back "How YOU doin'". I couldn't hear her, so I said "How YOU doin'". Then I french kissed her.

3. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

Met current GF in college class. Met the other GF that counts at a party at my place.

4. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Jan-Mar 2010 gf: Met her at strippy. Hottest chick in the joint. Got a lapdance + number from her. She stayed the night two days later.

Apr-Current gf: Met at thumping loud club. Hottest chick in the joint with leopard spandex on. Hair almost 12" high. I saw her and said "How you doin'". She said back "How YOU doin'". I couldn't hear her, so I said "How YOU doin'". Then I french kissed her.

The thread is about GFs not GFEs...

5. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Met my wife through a friend of mine. A buddy of mine from high school was dating a friend of hers from high school. I was over his girlfriend's house for a small party the first time I met her and saw her again a couple of weeks later when a bunch of us went out to dinner. About a week later she asked her friend to get my telephone number. The rest, as they say, is history...

6. username79

username79 Senior member

I was at a weekly gangbang and thought she looked awfully nice in a sandwich. The rest is history.

7. turboman808

turboman808 Senior member

The thread is about GFs not GFEs...

HAHA [​IMG]

Nothing exciting, I met her thru an online dating service. Don't how others feel about it but I find this the best way to meet people I may have something in common with.

8. romafan

romafan Senior member

Sea kayaking adventure down in Baja/Sea of Cortez...

9. iheartangels

iheartangels Senior member

My future wife hasn't been born yet [​IMG]

10. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I met my wife on line. 12 years together now.

What usenet group was this?

11. Vistro

Vistro Active Member

My wife dated a good friend of mine a few times. It didn't work out for them, a couple months later she and I started seeing each other.

12. tc6

tc6 Senior member

Accounting class last semester, broke up about a month ago.

13. JakeTS86

JakeTS86 Well-Known Member

In one of our university biology practicals. 5 and a half years later and still going strong.

14. Peak and Pine

Peak and Pine Senior member

My wife was dating my best friend, after she was my wife, so it's not going too well.

15. Matt

Matt Senior member

16. otc

otc Senior member

The last 4 reasonable relationships were
    -World Music Class
    -Dorm neighbor
    -Borrowed a quarter in the laundry room
    -Sort of at a friends party...apparently this girl had been at a party at my place but I was at a concert with quarter girl (we weren't dating anymore but were friendly and had already bought tickets)...so our mutual friend thought we had already met...

17. willpower

willpower Senior member

You spelled "meat" wrong.

18. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

1. mutual friends
    2. house party at mutual friends
    3. work
    4. online

19. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

MUSC205 -- History of Rock and Roll. She was the hottie who already owned most of the material covered by the course. I was the guy who couldn't name all four of the Beatles. That was almost ten years ago; it's worked out pretty well.

20. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Met the wife in the dorm we both lived in, my junior year and her sophomore. I was walking back in, walking about a chemistry class I was taking. She was walking in behind me, stopped me to ask some question about said class. We ended up talking for an hour or so, until I had to scurry off to deliver the Peeps we were going to force feed a friend on his 21st birthday.

Day or two later she came up to my room and asked me to a sorority formal. I had to call my parents to get them to mail me my suit from home, had never needed it in three years [​IMG] This was right towards the end of the year.

We ended up both doing research on campus over the summer, we both ended up falling pretty hard by the end. We both went to grad school together, got married some six years after meeting. Both still chemists too.