• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Where did the eHaberdasher affiliate thread thread go?

bullswin

Reaction score
I've been wondering about this as well. I first noticed it about 48 hours ago.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Presumably they decided to stop paying to be a forum affiliate, as they are no longer in the list.

However, on the face of it, it is ridiculous for StyleForum delete* the entire thread and destroy all record of the conversation and information within it.

* The thread was at www.styleforum.net/t/69315/www-ehaberdasher-com-affiliate-page/2535 and for what it's worth, it doesn't say "invalid thread," it says "Insufficient Permissions: You do not have permission to view this thread. Please contact a site administrator if you believe this to be in error." That means at least the data still exists, though whether it will ever be publicly accessible is another question.

This is certainly a very poor sendoff for a former affiliate, on every level.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Presumably they decided to stop paying to be a forum affiliate, as they are no longer in the list.

However, on the face of it, it is ridiculous for StyleForum delete* the entire thread and destroy all record of the conversation and information within it.

* The thread was at www.styleforum.net/t/69315/www-ehaberdasher-com-affiliate-page/2535 and for what it's worth, it doesn't say "invalid thread," it says "Insufficient Permissions: You do not have permission to view this thread. Please contact a site administrator if you believe this to be in error." That means at least the data still exists, though whether it will ever be publicly accessible is another question.

This is certainly a very poor sendoff for a former affiliate, on every level.
Sigh. Actually, that was a mistake, and he is back in this forum. However, when an affiliate leaves Styleforum, we cannot and have NEVER allowed them to keep the benefits of having a dedicated thread, for obvious reasons. Instead, we put them here: http://www.styleforum.net/f/20924/former-affiliate-vendor-threads-a-locked-forum and lock the theads, so that you guys can still acces the information, but the former affiliate does not benefit from our through traffic, SEO, or continued conversation.

Affiliates sometimes cancel, and sometimes they are cancelled for breach of contract, and sometimes, it's just an amicable parting of ways. In the rare case, an affiliate will ask us to "pause" their campaign. Why an affiliate is no longer on the active roster is something that we are obviously not going to disclose.

Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited:

UserNameToronto

Reaction score

Instead, we put them here:  http://www.styleforum.net/f/20924/former-affiliate-vendor-threads-a-locked-forum and lock the theads, so that you guys can still acces the information...

Thanks for the background. When I click the link, I get:

The URI you submitted has disallowed characters.
THERE SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM
We're sorry, but there's been an error in our system, and we can't complete your request. Please report this error to us, using our feedback system. Thanks!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks for the background. When I click the link, I get:

The URI you submitted has disallowed characters.
THERE SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM
We're sorry, but there's been an error in our system, and we can't complete your request. Please report this error to us, using our feedback system. Thanks!
Simple explanation for that: I don't know how to post links correctly: http://www.styleforum.net/f/20924/former-affiliate-vendor-threads-a-locked-forum

Incidentally, you can also use the dropdown menu from "forums" to navigate there. Probably the easiest way.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 58 17.6%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 110 33.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 99 30.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.9%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%