Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Where could I get an inexpensive white tie getup?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Haam, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Haam

Haam Member

I'm a pianist/composer and my job requires white tie more than most any other profession, other than conductors and magicians.

That out of the way, I don't have the money for a full bespoke piece from Johnathan Quearney or the like but I still want something nice that'll hold up to quite a bit of use. What would be my best bet for finding one or having one made? I'm a 36R with around a 34 chest depending on how slim it is, so vintage pieces that fit are very very hard to come by.

All I need are the jacket and the pants, I know Luxire makes a great marcella shirt, vest and bowtie.

[edit] My budget's around $1000 US, if airfare and hotels to wherever I have to go aren't too expensive.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014

2. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

3. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

There are ballroom dance costume makers like Aleksandr Sinista who is based in LA. I think his price is around $1500 but there are others if you search. Is there a costume maker for musicians? I imagine there might be in NYC given the number of orchestras. Maybe you can ask your musician friends.