Where could I get an inexpensive white tie getup?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Haam, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Haam

Haam Member

I'm a pianist/composer and my job requires white tie more than most any other profession, other than conductors and magicians.

That out of the way, I don't have the money for a full bespoke piece from Johnathan Quearney or the like but I still want something nice that'll hold up to quite a bit of use. What would be my best bet for finding one or having one made? I'm a 36R with around a 34 chest depending on how slim it is, so vintage pieces that fit are very very hard to come by.

All I need are the jacket and the pants, I know Luxire makes a great marcella shirt, vest and bowtie.

[edit] My budget's around $1000 US, if airfare and hotels to wherever I have to go aren't too expensive.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  2. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

3. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

There are ballroom dance costume makers like Aleksandr Sinista who is based in LA. I think his price is around $1500 but there are others if you search. Is there a costume maker for musicians? I imagine there might be in NYC given the number of orchestras. Maybe you can ask your musician friends.