• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where Can you Try On Crockett & Jones Shoes

atct86

Reaction score
Anyone? I live in Baltimore, and work in Bethesda.

BABuckeye

Reaction score
Turnbull & Asser in NYC, Ben Silver in Carolina, Aportnoy's closet

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some Barneys have them, if there's one near you, you could check it out.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in Baltimore, and I think T&A in Manhattan is the closest spot. They will be labeled in American sizes.

nicad2000

Reaction score
To that end, does anyone know what UK to US size conversion C&J uses for their shoes sold at Barney's, etc? I have a good-fitting pair sized 11D in US, but am not sure what the equivalent UK size would be for the purposes of buying them online.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicad2000
To that end, does anyone know what UK to US size conversion C&J uses for their shoes sold at Barney's, etc? I have a good-fitting pair sized 11D in US, but am not sure what the equivalent UK size would be for the purposes of buying them online.
I think it is UK +1 = US. My C&J boots are 9.5s and I generally wear US 10.5.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hate to contradict the redaktor in chief, but I think they use 1/2 size like everyone else.

darkoak

Reaction score
^^^ That's been my experience as well. My Albany & Weymouth were both purchased at Barneys New York, both were marked 10D, and they have the same fit & dimensions as UK 9.5Es C&J 337s I bought in London.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I stand corrected.

bullethead

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
I'm in Baltimore, and I think T&A in Manhattan is the closest spot. They will be labeled in American sizes.

Labeled in UK sizes

Harrydog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by atct86
Anyone? I live in Baltimore, and work in Bethesda.

A cost effective approach would be to order two pair in adjacent size from Pediwear (they don't charge for shipping) and then mail back the pair you don't want. You will still come out way ahead on cost.

For comparison. I was at Barney's yesterday; the Benchgrade Westbourne was 525.00. With the current pound conversion, they are about 330.00 (shipped) from Pediwear.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a size 12.5 US & the C&J Finsbury in UK12E are 1/2 size too big. The Drummond in 11.5E fit very well (at least on my left foot). My vote is 1 full size.

I think it depends on which last you're considering, how you like your shoe to fit & the type of feet you have.

AND, if you go to the C&J store at T&A on 57th in Manhattan & try shoes on & find a pair that fit well, be prepared to buy them on the spot.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bonobono_k
Department store!

plain.gif

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bullethead
Labeled in UK sizes
Really? Thanksfor the correction.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics