• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can one find horn or MOP buttons?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
No, an outfit in WAYWRN was.

******* let down, brah. We deserved more. I cant work now. Going for kwoffe to get centered again.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I think 5008 should be bigger than 5000 and you should really think about it before poasting, even if it takes months/years.
inlove.gif

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Dude, this is StyleForum. Everything is a let down.

confused.gif

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a summer blazer, white MOP buttons have an elegant, casual, yacht-club vibe. Perfect for shuffleboard.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just went through the same search. I settled on horn. RJW was recommended as the best (they apparently supply Savile Row, etc, and after a string of 20 or so emails with them (including a "we don't do business until such and such a date, email after"), they informed me that they cannot sell to US clients, but that we have to go through their US agent. The agent is: Isle Textile Group / 516-409-0948. I called and they were actually very helpful. You will need the catalog (download here), and an item number. They only sell by the dozen, but the price was around $20 per dozen, which is VERY reasonable for what's considered the best button in the world. ETA for delivery is 7-10 days.

rogerm

Reaction score
I've been to Britex. They have a pretty large and great selection of buttons. I bought some white natural buttons there, but the horn buttons don't get too whitish. You have to get bone, which is the same thing, but there is a technical difference there. The people there are serious about their buttons.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would do unicorn for the detoxifying effect. You can drink two or three times as much.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
I would do unicorn for the detoxifying effect. You can drink two or three times as much.

worship.gif

bcx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz
Just went through the same search. I settled on horn. RJW was recommended as the best (they apparently supply Savile Row, etc, and after a string of 20 or so emails with them (including a "we don't do business until such and such a date, email after"), they informed me that they cannot sell to US clients, but that we have to go through their US agent. The agent is: Isle Textile Group / 516-409-0948.

I called and they were actually very helpful. You will need the catalog (download here), and an item number. They only sell by the dozen, but the price was around $20 per dozen, which is VERY reasonable for what's considered the best button in the world. ETA for delivery is 7-10 days.

I finally made contact with the Canadian distributor and they said they won't do it unless my order is "a few hundred dollars" because of the cost of bringing them in. I guess I'm SOL for these buttons. I will try calling Isle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics