• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I get shoes, shirt and belt like these? PIC Inside

Kdarcia007

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum, but I have been reading extensively, and decided to post, I am looking to get a pair of shoes like the ones Gosling is wearing, they are sick!, I know it has been said that they are Givenchy wingtips, but Givenchy shoes are next to impossible to find online.

Any suggestions of where I could get shoes with that style and COLOR?, also looking for the belt and shirts like that with the white cuffs and collar (I usually get them at Ted Baker, but I haven't seen them in months)

I appreciate your advise, thanks
Kelvin.

lincolnshirepaul

Reaction score
The shirt you are describing is called a contrast collar or, in the uk, a "winchester" shirt. They're not really well liked around these parts. Some advocate them for formal usage, while I personally only like them worn very casually.

Kdarcia007

Reaction score

The shirt you are describing is called a contrast collar or, in the uk, a "winchester" shirt. They're not really well liked around these parts. Some advocate them for formal usage, while I personally only like them worn very casually.

I agree, in my humble opinion, they look great in a casual outfit, open collar.

Does anyone know where I can get shoes like that?, in that color :), please help me!

It has been said those shoes are wingtips... but they sure look more pointed than your usual wingtips, correct me if I'm wrong, either way, I definitively like pointed shoes much more than traditional wingtips. :happy:

So to reiterate, if anyone can help me find pointed shoes in that color.... let me know please!

Last edited:

kasakka

Reaction score
They're obviously not wingtips. Plain toe derby. Color probably chestnut or something like that. For the belt Equus leather's some color might be in that area. I think Charles Tyrwhitt might have a shirt like that in their selection. Most likely nowhere near as fitted as what Gosling is wearing.

It's also worth mentioning that the picture is most likely heavily color saturated to make the colors seem more vivid. In reality the whole thing probably looks a bit more toned down.

Kdarcia007

Reaction score
The movie's costume designer Dayna Pink, has said those are Givenchy wing tips, http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20513701,00.html, I don't know why she would say that, you're right, they look like Plain Toe Derby.

Any idea where I can get PTD's in that color?, I think it is called Walnut or Chestnut... I don't mind the color they give them, I just want... u know? :satisfied:

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They're obviously not wingtips. Plain toe derby.

I think they might be wing-tips, it's rather hard to tell for sure. Either way you can probably get something similar but nicer and better value from most of the usual suspects of English shoemaking than from a fashion brand like Givenchy. Most of them make some form of wing-tip blucher in a mid-brown or tan colour which would look a lot nicer than the rather cheap-looking orange colour in the photo, though as you say that colour is probably a result of over-saturation in Photoshop.

It has been said those shoes are wingtips... but they sure look more pointed than your usual wingtips, correct me if I'm wrong, either way, I definitively like pointed shoes much more than traditional wingtips. :happy:

Again, it's hard to tell just how pointed they are, but overly pointed shoes should be avoided the same way that overly square-toed shoes should be.

Last edited:

Kdarcia007

Reaction score

I think they might be wing-tips, it's rather hard to tell for sure. Either way you can probably get something similar but nicer and better value from most of the usual suspects of English shoemaking than from a fashion brand like Givenchy. Most of them make some form of wing-tip blucher in a mid-brown or tan colour which would look a lot nicer than the rather cheap-looking orange colour in the photo, though as you say that colour is probably a result of over-saturation in Photoshop.
Again, it's hard to tell just how pointed they are, but overly pointed shoes should be avoided the same way that overly square-toed shoes should be.

Anywhere I can buy shoes like those online?

I agree about the pointed shoes, I don't wanna look like a buffoon, lol, I just like my shoes to be slimmer.

kungapa

Reaction score

Anywhere I can buy shoes like those online?
I agree about the pointed shoes, I don't wanna look like a buffoon, lol, I just like my shoes to be slimmer.

Perhaps the 348 last of C&J will be to your liking. Pointy, but not too pointy (though some would disagree).

Kdarcia007

Reaction score

Perhaps the 348 last of C&J will be to your liking. Pointy, but not too pointy (though some would disagree).

Yeah, they look nice, but. where can I buy them online?, I also found this,

They do look like what I'm looking for... opinions?

Last edited:

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, they look nice, but. where can I buy them online?, I also found this,

They do look like what I'm looking for... opinions?

Those are too pointy. You can buy directly from C&J by emailing them. Ask them to send you their price catalogue.

Last edited:

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pointy shoes are for elfs

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pediwear.com for C&J.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads