• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I get shoes, shirt and belt like these? PIC Inside

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score

Nice!, I like this, I appreciate the recommendation tho... I wanna see more links with shoes in them :D

Yeah this is forum, where discourse happens. The point if this thread for you is to get your question answered, but for others it is to talk about clothes. If an aside comes up, as it did when i mentioned pointy shoes, it's okay, and thats part of the fun. I, and other members too I'm sure, would appreciate it if you didn't use a patronizing tone of encouraging gratitude and try to get us back on the topic of finding shoes for you.

The take aways are two:

1) understand that this is a forum, and we are happy to help you, but we also like to do our thing.

2) Any shoe that look that trendy, with that thin a sole, and that is that pointy, and with that sheen is going to be cemented/glued, corrected grain, and if it should be leather-soled, it will wear quickly and you won't be able to resole it. Just because they're from a brand you've heard of and a movie you saw (where quite frankly the suits were so tight they looked like under armor) doesn't mean theyre going to be good. If you want these shoes, get whatever cheap pair you can find, but there is no point in doing the research to find the film ones because unless you can pour hundreds of dollars into a pair of shoes that wont last you, and that you wont know how to take care of (because frankly, lets face it, anybody who really thinks these shoes are a good idea doesnt know about polish or conditioner or shoe trees even), it's not worth it.

Kdarcia007

Reaction score

Yeah this is forum, where discourse happens. The point if this thread for you is to get your question answered, but for others it is to talk about clothes. If an aside comes up, as it did when i mentioned pointy shoes, it's okay, and thats part of the fun. I, and other members too I'm sure, would appreciate it if you didn't use a patronizing tone of encouraging gratitude and try to get us back on the topic of finding shoes for you.
The take aways are two:
1) understand that this is a forum, and we are happy to help you, but we also like to do our thing.
2) Any shoe that look that trendy, with that thin a sole, and that is that pointy, and with that sheen is going to be cemented/glued, corrected grain, and if it should be leather-soled, it will wear quickly and you won't be able to resole it. Just because they're from a brand you've heard of and a movie you saw (where quite frankly the suits were so tight they looked like under armor) doesn't mean theyre going to be good. If you want these shoes, get whatever cheap pair you can find, but there is no point in doing the research to find the film ones because unless you can pour hundreds of dollars into a pair of shoes that wont last you, and that you wont know how to take care of (because frankly, lets face it, anybody who really thinks these shoes are a good idea doesnt know about polish or conditioner or shoe trees even), it's not worth it.

I apologize for my tone, I didn't mean to be to patronizing, I appreciate your input and everyone else's, again, I am learning as I go, first time forum user.

HannzFitzp

Reaction score
I have been on the hunt for those shoes as well, where did you find those? What brand are they?

I have found something very similar :

HannzFitzp

Reaction score
Hmm, on second look, I dont think those are the same.

Here is a screenshot, directly from the film :

kasakka

Reaction score

I have found them!

Those aren't anything like the shoes in the Gosling pic. Sure, those are wingtips but the only reason the Gosling pic says the shoes are wingtips is because the writer doesn't know ****.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please do not buy Aldo shoes. Also, you can do much better than Givenchy for shoes if we're talking styling/quality for the money.

If you want pointy shoes, I have to agree with the recommendation for Crockett & Jones in the 348 last. They are pointy, but not tacky. And C&J makes a great shoe. Be prepared to spend $350-$450 on the pair if you pick them up from Pediwear or Plal (or even in-store at Barneys or the C&J store in NYC). But if you plan on spending time here on the forums, why not bypass the months of mistakes you're going to inevitably purchase and just start buying shoes you're going to eventually be buying in the future! :slayer:

Honestly I'd suggest checking out Allen Edmonds as well, in their "Walnut" color, for a Derby (Nordstroms carries the "Clifton" model, which is a brogued captoe, not exactly a plain toe like you originally showed, but they go on sale and are a good starter shoe).

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have found them!

lol, these don't have a single thing in common with the shoes in the original pic. The ones in the first pic are bluchers, these are not, they are a completely different colour, and they have all that broguing that the original shoes have none of. Clearly you don't care what the shoes look like, all your care about is that some article says that Ryan Gosling wore them once, so you can satisfy your man-crush on him by wearing the same.

Kdarcia007

Reaction score

lol, these don't have a single thing in common with the shoes in the original pic. The ones in the first pic are bluchers, these are not, they are a completely different colour, and they have all that broguing that the original shoes have none of. Clearly you don't care what the shoes look like, all your care about is that some article says that Ryan Gosling wore them once, so you can satisfy your man-crush on him by wearing the same.

You got it!, and who cares they are not the same shoes?, you obviously seem pretty obsessed about the EXACT SHAPE of the shoes, who cares they are not bluchers?, or the same color?...

You say they don't have "ANYTHING IN COMMON"... are you taking the piss?, from a distance, I see no little difference.

VS

Last edited:

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

from a distance, I see no little difference.

You see 'no little difference' between a tan, plain-toe blucher and a mid-brown wing-tap balmoral? Then you're either blind or stupid, or both.

Last edited:

ridefar

Reaction score
I will probably come to regret adding to this thread. But I just watched the movie last night in Blu-Ray on a 10' screen. The shoes are absolutely positively not wingtips. They are wholecuts, relatively nicely styled. Second, the color correction on the picture posted is terrible. In the movie the shoes are more cognac, and the suit much more blue and less green. No way would I wear a suit colored like the one in the pic, possibly I might wear one as it appeared in the movie. Back to the topic: no idea who made the shoes in the movie. Clearly the stylist is not remembering well. But either an EG or G&G wholecut in cognac leather with no antiquing or patina would be pretty darn close.

Last edited:

Kdarcia007

Reaction score

You see 'no little difference' between a tan, plain-toe blucher and a mid-brown wing-tap balmoral? Then you're either blind or stupid, or both.

Whatever "man", Why are you reacting like a 17-old girl to someone disagreeing with you?, let it go, butt-hurt.

Last edited:

Kdarcia007

Reaction score

I will probably come to regret adding to this thread. But I just watched the movie last night in Blu-Ray on a 10' screen. The shoes are absolutely positively not wingtips. They are wholecuts, relatively nicely styled. Second, the color correction on the picture posted is terrible. In the movie the shoes are more cognac, and the suit much more blue and less green. No way would I wear a suit colored like the one in the pic, possibly I might wear one as it appeared in the movie. Back to the topic: no idea who made the shoes in the movie. Clearly the stylist is not remembering well. But either an EG or G&G wholecut in cognac leather with no antiquing or patina would be pretty darn close.

I think we can all agree to disagree on the style... there have been at least 5 different styles mentioned in this thread, nobody is certain about these shoes, I'm happy to simply find something similar, the exact shoes, probably a one off by givenchy.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think we can all agree to disagree on the style... there have been at least 5 different styles mentioned in this thread, nobody is certain about these shoes, I'm happy to simply find something similar, the exact shoes, probably a one off by givenchy.

That's where you're missing the point. There is really nothing similar at all between the Bally shoes you posted and the Givenchy shoes you posted. Its already been broken down. For starters they're nowhere near the same shade of Tan/Brown. Secondly, one is a Plain Toe Derby, while the other is a Brogued Wingtip Oxford. You clearly have a lot to learn about shoes! To be honest, those Bally's are kind of ugly. I dont like the grained leather, and the cheap, thin looking leather.

Kdarcia007

Reaction score

That's where you're missing the point. There is really nothing similar at all between the Bally shoes you posted and the Givenchy shoes you posted. Its already been broken down. For starters they're nowhere near the same shade of Tan/Brown. Secondly, one is a Plain Toe Derby, while the other is a Brogued Wingtip Oxford. You clearly have a lot to learn about shoes! To be honest, those Bally's are kind of ugly. I dont like the grained leather, and the cheap, thin looking leather.

I agree, those Bally's are Very expensive at $450.

I understand where ur coming from, but like I said, I am looking for something similar, since the shoes from the movie are probably next to impossible to find.

I have looked at countless plain toe derby's and found nothing close in shape or color, and I came across those Bally's and thought they looked close enough, to me at least.

As far as shoe knowledge goes, I am here to learn. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads