Where can I get peppercorn sauce like Quizno's?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by FidelCashflow, Jun 8, 2010.

1. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

Everytime I go to quiznos, I get their prime-rib and peppercorn sub. The best thing about it by a mile is the creamy peppercorn sauce they use. I'd love to be able to buy something like that so I could make my own sandwiches and take them to work. I've searched grocery stores but don't even know where to look for it.

Any suggestions of who makes something similar?

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Probably some cream based sauce with seasoning and peppercorns. Could probably make a fair size batch for yourself. Won't last as long without preservatives but could make it once a week or something on sunday and use it for your sandwiches all week. Just ask for a side of it and then try to recreate

or alternatively, just google how to make quiznos peppercorn sauce or quiznos peppercorn sauce recipe and i'm sure you'll get something

3. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Probably some cream based sauce with seasoning and peppercorns. Could probably make a fair size batch for yourself. Won't last as long without preservatives but could make it once a week or something on sunday and use it for your sandwiches all week. Just ask for a side of it and then try to recreate

or alternatively, just google how to make quiznos peppercorn sauce or quiznos peppercorn sauce recipe and i'm sure you'll get something

I think their sauce is basically just a really peppery mayo. I highly highly highly doubt somewhere like Quiznos is using cream, and if they are, it's so loaded with emulsifiers and stabilizers that it isn't recognizable.

4. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

You have low standards. Go to some real restaurants and you'll never crave that crap again.

5. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

He lives in edmonton. It's a cultural wasteland, so don't be too hard on him.

6. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I dunno, i could still devour a quiznos chicken carbonara sub if i need to and not feel bad about it. I mean, i'd feel bad about the fat and calories consumed and my tummy would probably be a bit upset after all the weird artificial ingredients and additives but i'd still enjoy the hell out of it going down

7. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

Bang one of the girls that work there and you'll get free subs The last time I went to Quiznos the only women that worked there were pretty nasty, but I guess that's a price you'll have to pay if you really love their sauce.

8. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

Bang one of the girls that work there and you'll get free subs The last time I went to Quiznos the only women that worked there were pretty nasty, but I guess that's a price you'll have to pay if you really love their sauce.

so a barter transaction, trade my sauce for theirs?

9. kristinak

kristinak New Member

I loved it so much that asked the owner if I could buy it, he sold me 1L of it for 4 dollars !!!!!!!!!!!!!