• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I get peppercorn sauce like Quizno's?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everytime I go to quiznos, I get their prime-rib and peppercorn sub. The best thing about it by a mile is the creamy peppercorn sauce they use. I'd love to be able to buy something like that so I could make my own sandwiches and take them to work. I've searched grocery stores but don't even know where to look for it.

Any suggestions of who makes something similar?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Probably some cream based sauce with seasoning and peppercorns. Could probably make a fair size batch for yourself. Won't last as long without preservatives but could make it once a week or something on sunday and use it for your sandwiches all week. Just ask for a side of it and then try to recreate

or alternatively, just google how to make quiznos peppercorn sauce or quiznos peppercorn sauce recipe and i'm sure you'll get something

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Probably some cream based sauce with seasoning and peppercorns. Could probably make a fair size batch for yourself. Won't last as long without preservatives but could make it once a week or something on sunday and use it for your sandwiches all week. Just ask for a side of it and then try to recreate

or alternatively, just google how to make quiznos peppercorn sauce or quiznos peppercorn sauce recipe and i'm sure you'll get something

I think their sauce is basically just a really peppery mayo. I highly highly highly doubt somewhere like Quiznos is using cream, and if they are, it's so loaded with emulsifiers and stabilizers that it isn't recognizable.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have low standards. Go to some real restaurants and you'll never crave that crap again.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He lives in edmonton. It's a cultural wasteland, so don't be too hard on him.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I dunno, i could still devour a quiznos chicken carbonara sub if i need to and not feel bad about it. I mean, i'd feel bad about the fat and calories consumed and my tummy would probably be a bit upset after all the weird artificial ingredients and additives but i'd still enjoy the hell out of it going down

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bang one of the girls that work there and you'll get free subs The last time I went to Quiznos the only women that worked there were pretty nasty, but I guess that's a price you'll have to pay if you really love their sauce.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
Bang one of the girls that work there and you'll get free subs The last time I went to Quiznos the only women that worked there were pretty nasty, but I guess that's a price you'll have to pay if you really love their sauce.

so a barter transaction, trade my sauce for theirs?

kristinak

Reaction score
I loved it so much that asked the owner if I could buy it, he sold me 1L of it for 4 dollars !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Everytime I go to quiznos, I get their prime-rib and peppercorn sub. The best thing about it by a mile is the creamy peppercorn sauce they use. I'd love to be able to buy something like that so I could make my own sandwiches and take them to work. I've searched grocery stores but don't even know where to look for it.

Any suggestions of who makes something similar?

I know this is quite an old post. But I am currently working on a "copy cat" recipe. I have made it be close to the original and it is not a cream based recipe. In fact it is a mayo based recipe. You can not use store bought mayo, you have to make a mayo base with oil and egg with no flavorings at all. I worked at a Quiznos for nearly a year and the main top two ingredients were eggs and oil for it. I might try adding a little cream to loosen it up though, as my batch is a little thick. It may add a little flavor also...

My recreation is one egg and enough oil to make a mayo base, add in crushed peppercorn, beef soup base (better than bullion is what I used), sugar, salt.

As I am still working on it, I do not have measurements. Yet I can say my most recent had the base flavor exactly, but the "pop" of flavor you get moments after tasting it, I have yet to crack it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I loved it so much that asked the owner if I could buy it, he sold me 1L of it for 4 dollars !!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I worked at a Quiznos I could buy anything they had, but all the BS that happened after I left... Well they no longer exist and it has become a popular Mexican food place. The only "local" Quiznos will not even sell a loaf of bread, let alone their sauces. :(

meadsy91

Reaction score
I know this is quite an old post. But I am currently working on a "copy cat" recipe. I have made it be close to the original and it is not a cream based recipe. In fact it is a mayo based recipe. You can not use store bought mayo, you have to make a mayo base with oil and egg with no flavorings at all. I worked at a Quiznos for nearly a year and the main top two ingredients were eggs and oil for it. I might try adding a little cream to loosen it up though, as my batch is a little thick. It may add a little flavor also...

My recreation is one egg and enough oil to make a mayo base, add in crushed peppercorn, beef soup base (better than bullion is what I used), sugar, salt.

As I am still working on it, I do not have measurements. Yet I can say my most recent had the base flavor exactly, but the "pop" of flavor you get moments after tasting it, I have yet to crack it.
Did you end up cracking it? It's something of a zesty sauce so would there be anything like vinegar? I've been trying to recreate it myself and have had no luck

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics