• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I get (made) such a zany "two-face" suit?

turantelle

Reaction score
25210309974cdd1ce83kp1.jpg
inlove.gif
Now, something as neat as this one might not exist (I've seen suits with different colored arms etc, but nothing quite like this). So, alternatively, where can you get such a suit tailored, and might it be a option to buy two exactly similar albeit differently colored suits, split them in half and sew them together? And yes, I'm on a budget, so the cheaper the better, it has to look good but doesn't need to be made from the "best" fabric.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well sure...it has to look good.

rsgould

Reaction score
lapels seem a little wide. first thing i noticed

turantelle

Reaction score
Well, I'm sure this is not to everyones taste, but I'd easily rank it as the coolest suit I ever laid my eyes upon.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Find a bespoke tailor who is a bit down on his luck presently and will compromise his craft for the money.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turantelle
Well, I'm sure this is not to everyones taste, but I'd easily rank it as the coolest suit I ever laid my eyes upon.
I'm curious to know where you will be wearing this or for what occasions? Do you plan to use this often? For the most part, fashion is a compromise between what we really want/like to wear and what our social circle/environment allows (not to mention budget, of course). Like George Castanza from Seinfeld, who said that he would fully ensconce himself in velvet... IF it were socially permissible.
lol8[1].gif
SoCal is the only one I know who can wear just about whatever he wants, but most of us have other constraints. I daresay I can't think of an occasion to which this will be appropriate, except for a Halloween party.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are near a university with a fashion/design department you might be able to persuade an impoverished undergrad to make something like that, a lot of them seem to make pretty odd stuff already.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This isn't your first suit, is it?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not the same but I remember Brooks Brothers had (maybe has one every year?) a seersucker jacket with four different colors of seersucker.

It looked pretty good in the way that preppy idiosyncrasies look good in the confines of preppy-ness.

I swear I wasn't trying to sound affected or pretentious just now.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Secure the role of Harvey Dent in the next Batman movie. They'll give you that suit for free.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist
Ask Film Noir Buff

+1

(I've been trying to find a pic of that coat but I can never seem to find this kinda of thing when it's needed)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads