• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I find...

ats200

Reaction score
I know there's probably another thread like this but I can't find anything that's active.

If not, it may be a good idea to start anyway.

Where can I find a grey dinner jacket? I have a black one and want something similar to the one below from Brooks Brothers but $600 is too much for me. I'm hoping to get something under 300 if that's a reasonable price range.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Milan...var_MZ00014_Color=GREY&contentpos=2&cgid=0235

I'm considering this as an option for a morning wedding if I can find one in my price range. Any alternate suggestions would be appreciated. (I'm the groom and don't want to wear my black tux in the morning and a morning suit probably just isn't going to happen) The wedding is somewhat casual.

Thanks!

Adam

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why on earth do you want to dress like a waiter or a member of the band? Your price is not reasonable for anything reasonable but consider a midnight blue one if you want a change.

ats200

Reaction score
Why on earth do you want to dress like a waiter or a member of the band? Your price is not reasonable for anything reasonable but consider a midnight blue one if you want a change.

I don't understand how wearing grey makes you a waiter... If you've ever seen a waiter who looks as well dressed as the Brooks Brothers photo, give me the name of that restaurant because I need to go there immediately. I've seen plenty of waiters wearing a black tux as well so I don't know where you're going with that thought.

Do you actually think midnight blue be much better than black for a morning wedding on a man with a light complexion?

PS - you're a douche

Last edited:

mezentius

Reaction score
I don't understand how wearing grey makes you a waiter... If you've ever seen a waiter who looks as well dressed as the Brooks Brothers photo, give me the name of that restaurant because I need to go there immediately. I've seen plenty of waiters wearing a black tux as well so I don't know where you're going with that thought.

Do you actually think midnight blue be much better than black for a morning wedding on a man with a light complexion?

PS - you're a douche

Mickael?

ltontheqt

Reaction score
Well, I actually started a thread like this recently but got no traction. So I'll pose my questions here. It is difficult to find Jamieson Shetlands. Ben Silver no longer carries - they were very big anyway - and Oi Polloi won't have them this year. Any suggestions? My other question concerns suede gloves. Dressy suede gloves have been harder to find than I would have thought. Where?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
."If you've ever seen a waiter who looks as well dressed as the Brooks Brothers photo, give me the name of that restaurant because I need to go there immediately."

Given your previously stated budgetary limitations, I am not sure that you'll be able to afford
that restaurant.

ats200

Reaction score
."If you've ever seen a waiter who looks as well dressed as the Brooks Brothers photo, give me the name of that restaurant because I need to go there immediately."

Given your previously stated budgetary limitations, I am not sure that you'll be able to afford
that restaurant.

Good one. I guess it's too hard to comprehend the fact that there's a difference between a budget for a particular item and wealth.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their effort. I think this thread perfectly sums up Styleform. A member asks a question, someone insults that member, member rebuttals, someone tries to hijack thread, thread ends.

It's interesting that every helpful post here was made years ago.

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You might want to try the wedding thread. Although the earlier posters could have phrased it more kindly, I agree with them that this type of jacket doesn't suit your needs well. It's neither particularly casual, as you described the wedding, nor intended for morning wear (hence the name dinner jacket).

The stroller suggestion is a good one. Or a medium gray suit.

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A tuxedo is flat out wrong because you're getting married in the daytime. I directed you towards proper blacktie daytime attire. You completely ignored my response. Don't know what else to tell you.

ats200

Reaction score
A tuxedo is flat out wrong because you're getting married in the daytime. I directed you towards proper blacktie daytime attire. You completely ignored my response. Don't know what else to tell you.

I agree - thanks for your response. I did look at your link and started looking around but never acknowledged. I thought there may be more options - the reason being is that the wedding will be casual so a proper dress code won't be necessary. My thoughts were a blazer or sport coat until I stumbled upon the grey dinner jacket I originally linked.

Balfour

Reaction score
... I think this thread perfectly sums up Styleform. A member asks a question, someone insults that member, member rebuttals, someone tries to hijack thread, thread ends.

It's interesting that every helpful post here was made years ago.
No, but this sums up your thread:

ats200

Reaction score
I commend you on your attempt to make a funny reply.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads