• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I find this shirt from the Film Australia

ab12345

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently watched the film australia. It was average but I did like the shirt that the main guy was wearing. I've been looking for one like it for ages. Does anyone know where i can find one like it?

baz-luhrmanns-new-australia-film-trailer.jpg

AustraliaPoster.jpg

Cheers

ab12345

Reaction score
does anyone know any makes that look like the shirt etc?

Taxler

Reaction score
It looks ordinary to me. Is it the color/pattern you want or the fit/style?

ab12345

Reaction score
Color and pattern (plainish plaid brown) and preferably a slim fit would be ideal but I can't find one....

RichmondStyle

Reaction score
I wasn't kidding. I bought that shirt at the Brooks Brothers outlet about 6 years ago.

bigbjorn

Reaction score
Filson has a similar one this season in wool, but the overcheck isn't quite as dark.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a homeless man wearing that exact shirt yesterday. If I see him again I will let him know you're looking for one.

RichmondStyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ab12345
Whats Goodwill? Im in the UK?

Goodwill = charity.

What is so friggin' special about a ratty checked shirt? Go online to J Crew or LL Bean and you can probably find something similar.

wmb

Reaction score
I have seen some Borrelli plaids marked way down in the last couple of years that look similar.

Will Knowles

Reaction score
To my eyes it looks like it could be a flannel shirt. I believe Lands' End have some in similar patterns, with button down collars though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads