1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Where can i find this john lobb shoe?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by daytrader, Apr 23, 2004.

1. daytrader

daytrader Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, About a month ago I saw a pair of John Lobb RTW shoes on Ebay that I liked and had planned to bid on on them but unfortunately I forgot all about the auction(I'm pretty busy) and missed out on them. The model of the shoes were called Volga. Here is the auction link with pictures: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2897221418 If anyone knows where I might be able to find that particular pair, please let me know. Thanks in advance for the replies. Best regards, Josh

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

Are you looking to purchase it on a discounted scale or retail?

If retail then it should be easy to contact one's nearest John Lobb shop or dept. store that carries Lobb. Hermes as well carries Lobb.

3. jcusey

jcusey Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I've never seen that particular shoe, but you should be able to special order it from anyplace that carries John Lobb. If all else fails, you could call the New York store and enquire.

4. daytrader

Hi LabelKing,

I'd probably prefer discounted but perhaps retail now because of my blunder. I haven't seen them anywhere else.(online)

5. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Distinguished Member

Ouch, I just made my first foray into the Lobb store on Wednesday and found nothing under $900 that I liked. I actually own a similar pair to the style you were looking at in an 8D American (plain toe blucher, DOUBLE sole, in brown). I think that shoe was either 900 or 950 from what I remember.

IMHO, if this is your first venture into Lobbs, I would try to visit the closest Neiman Marcus or New York City before buying. I tried on the William II (double monk) for kicks and realized that my foot is too small for the size of the buckle. And, more importantly, the last was WAY too loose in the heel for my taste.

norcal

6. jcusey

jcusey Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Either because of the dollar signs (or Euro signs, as it were) in Hermes's eyes or because of the recent weakness of the dollar, it seems like JL Paris shoes have gone up significantly in price recently. I'll still pay retail for EG shoes if I especially like them and if I have to (go ahead, call me an idiot), but it's getting so I wouldn't consider doing the same for JL Paris shoes.

Too bad about the fit of the William. It's a great shoe. Of course, EG does make a model that's almost identical (Westminster).

7. daytrader

Yeah, they were going to be my first Lobbs, or so I thought. Thanks for the advice. Will try Neiman Marcus and calling the NY Lobb store.

Best-
    Josh

8. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Daytrader:

There are also a few specialty stores that carry Lobb, and I think I can dig up a corporate contact if you'd like...

9. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

Someone told me that Fred Segal carries John Lobb. It struck me as odd.

10. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

If it does, it's a very recent development.

The best selection I've seen, including N-M (and less than half of them carry Lobb) is at Lawrence Covell in Denver.

11. daytrader

Hi Steve,

Yes, I would be interested to know if your corporate contact has that style of Lobb shoe. And if so, at what price. Thanks again.

Regards,
    Josh

12. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Distinguished Member

Seconded that Steve, the Jive model Lobbs that my gf got me were from Covell. It's actually an extremely nice store, overall.