• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can i find this jacket?

.john.s

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm John, and new at this forum. I'm from the Netherlands (that is my excuse for mistakes in my grammar and worduse :p)

I'me a big fan of the band Coldplay and love the outfits that they're wearing..
I recently looked on the internet and found this picture of the band:
coldplay200709.jpg

link: http://musique.portail.free.fr/clip-...play200709.jpg

I fell in love with the jackets that those guys are wearing, especially the one that John Martin has. That's when my research started, and i found out that it are jackets that the french were wearing during the French revalution (modified ofcourse). Some other "stars" are also spotted with that kind of jackets on.. I really love the robustic and vintage look of it (i think that explanation is right.. i hope so hehe
laugh.gif
).
The bottem line is that i can't find a clothing store of any kind that sells those things, i looked all over the internet.
Now my question is: do you guys know a solution.. or any shops that sell those things.

I really hope so..
Greetz,
John.

.john.s

Reaction score
hehe, i like the jacket, it doesnt mather who is wearing it
laugh.gif

Millerp

Reaction score
Most performers have their stage costumes custom made by costume designers.
You are not likely to find something like that ready to wear unless you try a theatrical
costume supply house.

Panzer

Reaction score
I'd say your best bet is to look through a couple of vintage shops, that way it'll also be unique!

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or you could just buy a double-breasted military jacket. They're pretty ubiquitous, and it's a better look than those big horizontal bars across the chest IMO.

Who likes Coldplay, why would you like Coldplay. Such boring music.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by .john.s
hehe, i like the jacket, it doesnt mather who is wearing it
laugh.gif

Really? Come on now, if that jacket was being worn by Clay Aitken would you still like it?

ryannn

Reaction score
David: You know how I know you're gay?
Cal: How?
David: You like Coldplay.

Exit English

Reaction score
I think most normal people would look kinda dumb in a French military jacket to be honest. Guys like Chris Martin can get away with it in a promo photo because of who they are. Any average person rocking anything close to what hes wearing in this photo would just look like they wandered out of a flamboyantly themed war reenactment.

Dai19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Exit English
I think most normal people would look kinda dumb in a French military jacket to be honest. Guys like Chris Martin can get away with it in a promo photo because of who they are. Any average person rocking anything close to what hes wearing in this photo would just look like they wandered out of a flamboyantly themed war reenactment.

Yeah I was just about to ask how anyone could possibly rock this. The dude in the photo isn't even rocking it. Maybe if you were a homeless Victorian commandant, but even with all of those around this would be a very hard piece to pull off.

.john.s

Reaction score
thx for the quik response all. I will look for a shop that sells vintage clothes, good idea! and.. coldplay.. yea i like the music but that's a mather of taste i quess..
I'm also looking for a military jacket right now, but i havnt find anything interesting yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads