• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I find a regatta blazer?

butterflystyle

Reaction score
Looking specifically for solid color with white piping. I can only find ones that are OUTRAGEOUS looking. Any ideas?

madcurry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by butterflystyle
Looking specifically for solid color with white piping. I can only find ones that are OUTRAGEOUS looking. Any ideas?

I am trying to find one of these for a Prisoner costume, but to no avail. Patrick McGoohan's blazer is dark brown with cream piping. I have seen Navy with White Piping (Ralph Lauren Rugby I think) and not much else. The Hotel Portmeirion (location of the show) has a reproduction for sale on their web site, but is is black and white and suspiciously cheap. There has to be a place to get custom versions of these for boating clubs, or are those days behind us? I think I would wear the Blazer casually so I would pay a reasonable price (~$400) for a well constructed one.

butterflystyle

Reaction score
The one at Rugby has a pretty garish crest on it, and I would prefer not to be a poseur and wear one with an established school tie, a la:
blazer.jpg

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I've ever seen a "subdued" Regatta blazer. Usually BB carries them in the summer and they are pretty outlandish. Might want to check the sale section on their site.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have four all from www.sherrys.co.uk

Navy with sky stripes
Green black and red
Purple black and white
Red blue and white

Great slim fit, nice, lightweight wool-cotton mix. Contact Darin at the shop which is just off carnaby street in London. He's a great bloke with great customer service.

BBC

Reaction score

Here's one on the trad thrift exchange. 40R $40 + shipping
DSCN0919.jpg

madcurry

Reaction score
The one at Rugby has a pretty garish crest on it, and I would prefer not to be a poseur and wear one with an established school tie, a la:

The one currently on the rugby site has no crest but it is made of cotton fleece for some reason. I would never wear a crest associated with something I am not affiliated with.

I may have to break down and have one custom made at my taylor some day. Still an awful lot of money for a costume item, so I had better make sure it is nice enough to wear in other situations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics