• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Where can I find a raincoat like this?

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try Allegri. I have one by them that looks very similar, only slightly shorter.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J. Peterman has one that I love, but it's slightly more wedge shaped . . . you're right. A classic raincoat, is not too easy to procure, these days.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can buy a high quality vintage AQUASCUTUM or Burberry on Ebay, and it will be of a higher quality and lower price than anything J. Crew and BRepublic can have runaway asian children make.

wq1999

Reaction score
True, but I have found the Burberry London line raincoats also are very full fitting. To achieve a slimmer silhouette (which the OP seems to want), there may be better options elsewhere.

I have no experience with Aquascutum raincoats, although I have a wool/cashmere navy overcoat from them which is extremely warm and very well tailored.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
You can buy a high quality vintage AQUASCUTUM or Burberry on Ebay, and it will be of a higher quality and lower price than anything J. Crew and BRepublic can have runaway asian children make.

But the "vintage" (read old, used) Aquascutum or Burberry trench coats found on eBay look nothing like the APC he linked to...

I actually have a J Crew raincoat that looks exactly the same (single-breasted, cotton lining, no belt, cuff tabs). Bought it 3 or 4 years ago though...

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
But the "vintage" (read old, used) Aquascutum or Burberry trench coats found on eBay look nothing like the APC he linked to...

I actually have a J Crew raincoat that looks exactly the same (single-breasted, cotton lining, no belt, cuff tabs). Bought it 3 or 4 years ago though...

I disagree, that's a fairly classic, simple, basic design, in fact, I would say the Aqua's are more stylish.
He could also possibly have it tailored.

The LP is very nice.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scnupe7
I bought one of these and it is huge. I was swimming in it.

Too bad. You bought both Cole Haan raincoats?

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like a London Fog - THE label in men's rainwear (at least that's what my dad told me when I got one for my 14th birthday
)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 272 32.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.7%