• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I buy wool dress pants without paying $250 retail?

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jos A Bank gets no love on these boards, but I own several pairs of their slacks and am absolutely delighted with them. They fit very well and show no signs of wearing out despite many years of use.

And what's more, if you time it right, every now and then you can find them on sale. :p

Barium

Reaction score
If you have a Saks OFF 5'th near you, they frequently have a good selection of Saks Black Label wool pants for ~$100 (though usually only one or two pairs in 30"). I'm not talking about digging through their clearance racks either. That's their normal price. They seem to be pretty good quality; made in Canada. In the past I have even snagged a pair or two for ~$35 on clearance. I'd take a look there.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Jos A Bank gets no love on these boards, but I own several pairs of their slacks and am absolutely delighted with them. They fit very well and show no signs of wearing out despite many years of use.
And what's more, if you time it right, every now and then you can find them on sale. :p

The StyleForum police will be arriving shortly and charging you with perpetuating crimes against humanity.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a couple Howard Yount and am now a huge fan of them. High quality, totally worth the price. HY fit great without being too slim. Works well for an athletic build. Besides HY, also love Incotex/Mabitex that I got off these forums (don't think I would pay retail on them).

I haven't found any other brands that fit me properly and at this point, realize spending ~$150 on a good pair of pants is better than buying a couple crappy ones I need to get tailored and don't want to wear.

Last edited:

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can one of the old regulars PM me and tell me if this site is more or less active since the Huddler "update"? I am curious.

It really hasn't been the same since you stopped asking the hard-hitting questions that drove traffic here. :cry:

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Superfluous, thanks for the Zanella's idea.
It led me to the Rack today where I picked up 2 pairs of "Calibrate" brand pants.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/calibrate-flat-front-wool-pants/3223944

• Grey
  • Flat front
  • 99% wool
  • 11" rise (just right)
  • $39/each. ($99 retail)

I always felt my BR Monogram/ Mabitex were "1970s Appreciation star" tight in the thighs (when sitting)
These are slightly more roomy in the thigh, with an extra 2" in the diameter of the thighs. (24" vs. 22")

I am very pleased with this purchase.
This might be as good a fit as OTR can get.

Last edited:

StormRider

Reaction score
The only wool pants fit me are from DKNY slim fit suit. I have not find a good source for these in 30x30 yet. Macy only sells them as part of the suit, I don't want to buy the whole suit just for the pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads