• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

where can i buy seiko monster watches in canada?

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looking for local and online sites that ship to canada.

should i worry about fakes? i came across site on the internet the other day that pretty much sells only replica watches and i was surprised that even less expensive watches were being replicated. how do i know fro sure if a watch is real. trust the site? or check everything on the watch?

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bump, no seiko followers here?

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bumpppppp

onetoomany

Reaction score
I bought mine from pokemonyu on ebay. You shouldn't have to worry about fakes too much. There's not much of a point in faking a watch that can be had for $120. The Casio Frogman watches on the other hand...

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 to Pokemonyu on eBay. I ordered a Seiko from the shop and it's definitely genuine.

The name of his/her store is Watches Limited.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrGimpy
+1 to Pokemonyu on eBay. I ordered a Seiko from the shop and it's definitely genuine.

ill definitely take a look

however it sucks to be in Canada now since the USD to CAD exchange rate is terrible now

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how can you tell? i am not singling them out, i am just wondering. there are many sites and sellers that say their stuff is genuine but not all of them are.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iroh
how can you tell? i am not singling them out, i am just wondering. there are many sites and sellers that say their stuff is genuine but not all of them are.

I'm not an expert, but my opinion is based on a 3-year old Seiko from Pokemonyu.

The watch is solid and heavy--the first giveaway for many fakes is their lack of weight. The stainless steel has held up, meaning there's no flaking of finish or discolouration. It's very accurate, and all the details seem done well, ie. the numerals are correctly positioned and aligned, the finish on the dial looks great, etc.

If it's a fake, it's a very good one.

aragon765

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onetoomany
I bought mine from pokemonyu on ebay...

+1 to Pokemonyu on eBay...
The name of his/her store is Watches Limited

3-year old Seiko from Pokemonyu....

I also have purchased from Pokemonyu, and have been very happy: CHEAP price, FAST shipping, no customs... not much more to ask for! I brought mine in to get a new strap for an AD, and confirmed that it was legit - but they do not come with boxes/papers, etc., so I guess caveat emptor!

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great, when the USD drops a bit (hopefully, ill order a watch from them
smile.gif

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does Pokemonyu mark down the value of the watches when he ships?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads