• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I buy SDA-103?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Besides BiG. They're $280 there with tax and shipping. Anyplace besides NY or Japan?

capnpyro

Reaction score
I had them imported by coldrice when he was doing his japan shipping deal, they were about $250 and you're not going to find much of a better deal through rakuten or any place else. If you really want them I'd just eat the extra $30 and be done with it. Stop drinking starbucks for a month or something.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Anyplace besides NY or Japan?

Doubt it.

You might be able to save some dough with a Japan proxy, as word is they're only around $180 in JP. Still, once you tack on a proxy fee and shipping, I doubt it comes out all that different...

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
I had them imported by coldrice when he was doing his japan shipping deal, they were about $250 and you're not going to find much of a better deal through rakuten or any place else. If you really want them I'd just eat the extra $30 and be done with it. Stop drinking starbucks for a month or something.

Hmm, so I should start going to Starbucks then quit?
tongue.gif

How much did it come out through Bears for the one-wash?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought mine from 2000db for $240 shipped, one wash from Bears.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
keep checking superfuture's supermarket ---- i got mine for $170 shipped from a guy that bought them off a guy, and they were too big for him.

. . . a plus about getting them from japan is that you still get the arcuates, tab, and leather patch. i think selfedge and BiG have them exported sans branding.

man, they are really saturated --- i've soaked mine twice since having them to ge the shrinking out, and they havent lost in indigo.

here's a pair:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=22707

i just found these by looking through the SDA tags and if you do a more google search on sufu you could probably find 1 or 2 more that never got sold. you can also find some other SDA's that have the 103 fit but different denim.

good luck!

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sbbbjm
keep checking superfuture's supermarket ---- i got mine for $170 shipped from a guy that bought them off a guy, and they were too big for him.

. . . a plus about getting them from japan is that you still get the arcuates, tab, and leather patch. i think selfedge and BiG have them exported sans branding.

man, they are really saturated --- i've soaked mine twice since having them to ge the shrinking out, and they havent lost in indigo.

here's a pair:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=22707

i just found these by looking through the SDA tags and if you do a more google search on sufu you could probably find 1 or 2 more that never got sold. you can also find some other SDA's that have the 103 fit but different denim.

good luck!

Thanks for that link. He states that after a soak, his 32's measure 34.35 in the waist!? I was thinking they shrink down to tagged size. 32 is what I was thinking I need; I'm a true 31, maybe 30.75. How is the thigh room on these? I'm hoping they're a little roomier than PBJ 005. I'm really feeling these 103's for my first pair of Japanese repros and I'd rather get a pair with the tab and arcuates if possible!

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Thanks for that link. He states that after a soak, his 32's measure 34.35 in the waist!? I was thinking they shrink down to tagged size. 32 is what I was thinking I need; I'm a true 31, maybe 30.75. How is the thigh room on these? I'm hoping they're a little roomier than PBJ 005. I'm really feeling these 103's for my first pair of Japanese repros and I'd rather get a pair with the tab and arcuates if possible!

That was my impression also, it seems that either his were tagged incorrectly or they did not shrink at all!

capnpyro

Reaction score
I got 103's in a 32" waist, they came in a true 32", 16" width. After soaking them they lost maybe a 1/2 - 3/4" I guess? They lost a lot in length I remember. After wearing them for a year the waist stretched to fit my fat ass, they're about 17 1/2" across now.

If you find the 'denim fitment thread' I took measurements pre soak and post soak for those interested.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got 103's in a 32" waist, they came in a true 32", 16" width. After soaking them they lost maybe a 1/2 - 3/4" I guess? They lost a lot in length I remember. After wearing them for a year the waist stretched to fit my fat ass, they're about 17 1/2" across now. If you find the 'denim fitment thread' I took measurements pre soak and post soak for those interested.
Were yours the one wash or the raw?

tljenkin

Reaction score
My mind almost exploded when I clicked the link and ended up at my own sale thread. They were worn by me for about a month before I put them on the market, and I believe they were cold soaked and stretched by the previous owner, who felt that the jeans were too small for him in the waist. In the end, a true 34.35" waist. They're beautiful, though. Unfortunately, they were sold to someone in my dorm at my asking price without the need for shipping or paypal fees
smile.gif

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got 103's in a 32" waist, they came in a true 32", 16" width. After soaking them they lost maybe a 1/2 - 3/4" I guess? They lost a lot in length I remember. After wearing them for a year the waist stretched to fit my fat ass, they're about 17 1/2" across now.

If you find the 'denim fitment thread' I took measurements pre soak and post soak for those interested.

Damn, those would be falling off me at 17.5 across. What's your height/weight etc. if you don't mind me asking? How's the thigh fitment?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads