• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Where can I buy heavy moleskin pants?

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can order some from Luxire or purchase some from O'Connell's clothing

ratcatcherjon

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Charles Wall is my website company in the UK where we manufacture trousers under the Ratcatcher brand (50 years old) we are a moderately small company and as such it is great to get a mention on such an esteemed forum site. I can however vouch for the superb quality of the pants although I can see that our pockets do not suit everyone. Best regards from England, Jon Wall

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi Guys, Charles Wall is my website company in the UK where we manufacture trousers under the Ratcatcher brand (50 years old) we are a moderately small company and as such it is great to get a mention on such an esteemed forum site. I can however vouch for the superb quality of the pants although I can see that our pockets do not suit everyone. Best regards from England, Jon Wall

I doubt that they please anyone bar you.

althanis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also don't see what's so terrible with the pockets. Also don't see why people are being rude to the gentleman who just came to say hi and thank you. Way to be pricks.

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Orvis has moleskin pants.

Never owned a pair of them, myself. But I swear by Orvis Ultimate Khakis.

althanis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's some research I did earlier this afternoon.

Land's End stocks moleskin pants in the fall, at a very affordable price (under $100), which seem to be well-rated, but they're all sold out.

LL Bean also sells them, and they're well-rated, but some people have reviewed it and said it's not very good moleskin.

And then Orvis has them, at $150, which is more than I wanted to spend, but they seem to be pretty good.

J. Crew also had some in their Bowery fit, but for some reason they're all listed as out of stock, even though they were in stock in all sizes a couple weeks ago.

Cordings, J. Peterman, Brooks Brothers and Epaulet are also some other options.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 58 17.8%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 109 33.5%
  • 8”

Votes: 96 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 11.1%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%