• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where are your favorite places to shop in NYC?

TexasToast

Reaction score
I never knew that NYC was such a satorial hotspot I'm blown away. Yesterday I went to the Armory several weeks ago I visited Kent Wang and this weekend I'm going to Meermin shoes. What other classic mensware hotspots would you suggest going to visit prefably in the city.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crockett and Jones and Carmina both have shops.

Tip Top in Brooklyn has cool fabrics if you ever CMT.

Ralph Lauren flagship is cool.

Turnbull and Asser townhouse.

Leffot carries great upper end shoes (EG, Alden, GG, etc).

If you don't have shirts squared away, Proper Cloth showroom can do an in person fitting.

There are many others, I like these a lot (obviously you have have found the Armoury already).

Last edited:

TexasToast

Reaction score
Crockett and Jones and Carmina both had shops.

Tip Top in Brooklyn has cool fabrics if you ever CMT.

Ralph Lauren flagship is cool.

Turnbull and Asser townhouse.

Leffot carries great upper end shoes (EG, Alden, GG, etc).

If you don't have shirts squared away, Proper Cloth showroom can do an in person fitting.

There are many others, I like these a lot (obviously you have have found the Armoury already).
Thanks for the suggestions I didn't know about half of them being in NYC. Sounds like Proper Cloth is on my list of shops to visit after Meermin.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s just about everything for every taste and every budget.

@ValidusLA named quite a few. I honestly haven’t been back to NYC since Covid so some of these places may be closed.

Try John Lobb on Madison Avenue. There’s also Berluti. If you’re into denim, or just want to see a really great little shop, try Blue in Green in SoHo.

pwbower

Reaction score
Crowley Vintage in DUMBO (Brooklyn) might be the best vintage menswear place in the .... I want to say universe.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have any interest in Alden, would stop by so that you can try on their different lasts in person and figure out your sizing. Eleventy is an interesting brand -- a Brunello Cucinelli aesthetic at more approachable prices. I find their tailored jackets too short but I like some of their knitwear and outerwear.

Standard & Strange just opened a NYC location if you have any interest in denim and workwear.

notdos

Reaction score
JFitzpatrick shoes has a store, I believe.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Paul Stuart is always worth a visit.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not classic menswear, but since someone mentioned denim....Naked & Famous is another spot worth perusing.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There’s just about everything for every taste and every budget.

@ValidusLA named quite a few. I honestly haven’t been back to NYC since Covid so some of these places may be closed.

Try John Lobb on Madison Avenue. There’s also Berluti. If you’re into denim, or just want to see a really great little shop, try Blue in Green in SoHo.

+1

I live in NYC and see/find new/different stores whenever I am out.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s also Leffot.

There are a bunch of really interesting boutiques in SoHo. Grab lunch at Balthazar.

MattyS

Reaction score
If I may piggyback on this thread, which of the two Manhattan Armoury locations would people here recommend, if I have a chance to visit just one? It looks like there's one in Tribeca and one on the Upper East Side.

TexasToast

Reaction score
If I may piggyback on this thread, which of the two Manhattan Armoury locations would people here recommend, if I have a chance to visit just one? It looks like there's one in Tribeca and one on the Upper East Side.
I went to the one in Tribeca.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads