Where are the sticky posts go?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MilanoStyle, Oct 16, 2004.

1. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

3. acole

acole Senior member

upside: yes, space saved on page. downside: I imagine that there are a good number of perma-linked references to these useful posts out there on the web. Â These are now broken. Â For instance, the old "How to measure for ebay" link now points to a thread about sneakers. just sayin'...

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Huh?. My link works fine. Could you point me to one of these perma links? In any case, whether the topic is pinned or not, its current URL should work. If not, I don't know how someone got that sneakers thread URL from the ebay topic.

5. acole

acole Senior member

My post was only a surmise--useful static resources like that tend to get linked to over time.  I believe I've seen a few examples, but I couldn't tell you where.  You'd have to look at referrer logs if you really wanted to know the score.  Breaking someone else's link is not necessarily a problem; I just wanted to alert you to the possibility in case you hadn't considered it.  

The link I posted is one that I e-mailed to a newbie eBay seller to clue him in on measuring.  It worked back then, but now it leads me to the sneaker thread.  Weird.