Where are A. Testoni made?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CLiang, Nov 5, 2013.

1. CLiang

CLiang Active Member

Hello,

So I am a newbie on men shoes. I just hit 20 and want to start learning about real men shoes. I have been search the whole google website and styleforum about where A. Testoni shoes are made from. I have read that it was made from Italy or Morocco. However, the website I am looking at which is Myhabit.com. It shows that it was made either in Romania or Hungary. Does it mean that they are fake or of lower quality?

2. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

I have a pair of their Alligator loafers which are marked 'Bologna Italia'. Of their other creations, I cannot say. This is a reputable name so you should not be worried about quality. I am suprised no one else has chimed in on this as yet. Welcome to Styleforum CLiang.

3. CLiang

CLiang Active Member

Well I have done some research and there were only 2-3 article or blogs about it. In fact the BASIC are inferior and they included the BASIC in as a way to sell these shoes at a higher price. The A. Testoni just make us thing it is at above quality for the $200+ we are paying for.

4. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Think of a. Testoni as being (arguably) on par with Allen Edmonds or thereabouts. Between the two, I would opt for AE. Then again I am an ardent AE supporter and so therefore biased. I own only the one pair of a. Testoni loafers so perhaps there are others that will yet contribute further thought on your question.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013

5. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

I have one pair of A. Testoni light brown wingtips and they are made in Italy

6. CLiang

CLiang Active Member

Yea that Italy made should be the high-end and the BASIC should be of the lower end production. Also it did say made in Hungary instead of Italy. Thank god I did not purchase it.

7. CLiang

CLiang Active Member

Thanks Man of Lint and Mr Engineer for your insight and advice.