1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Whenz the eggnog comin'?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by curzon, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

This brand has the best egg nog you can find in stores:

[​IMG]

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

I enjoy eggnog but tend to prefer its Southern relation, boiled custard.

3. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Also let me put in a good word for mulled wine:

[​IMG]

4. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

The canned Bordens is good stuff. Just picked up 5 cans on sale yesterday. I will focus on eggnog and brandy until 1/2/2012!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  5. nootje

nootje Senior member

orignially thought that eggnog was the same as Advocaat, of which I make two bottles every holiday season. Since its not I'll be making this as well, as i need all the help I can get with the family..

6. curzon

curzon Senior member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti
    Lads, just an update on the eggnogz. I've drunk about 8 gallons so far this holy season. So far the best match with it has been granola bars. Peanut butter ones. Most ordinary folks think peanut butter pairs with chocolate. Or jam. It's outstanding with eggnog. Bite. Gulp. Swallow. Bite. Gulp. Swallow. Don't start with gulp, it just fucks up your shirt... learned that the hard way.

One more thing. If you're going to be eating any baked beans during the holy days you'll want these ones.

[​IMG]

I'd like to nominate both those beans and the eggnog + peanut butter granola bar as SF approved.

7. eg1

eg1 Senior member

In my fridge now -- running out of Mount Gay Extra Old, though, so will have to switch to Appleton Estate 21 yr ...