1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

When you were 17.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Big Pun, Aug 7, 2010.

1. tshaw

tshaw Well-Known Member

17 - Ah, youth! Spent half the year on crutches/cast since I shattered my ankle that January, turned 17 in February and spent the rest of the year trying to get my life back together. Didn't have 'home-schooling' , was handed assignments that needed to be handed in on time, except for Alg/Trig, went back to delivering papers in the a.m and p.m., and finished the year by being tutored in Alg/Trigonometry after school, got my second real girlfiend, my driver's license and the best grades I ever had in HS. [​IMG]

T

BTW, it was also the year, since I was home for 6 mos, that I watched movies all day and got hooked on black n white classic movies. The best! [​IMG]

2. deantran

deantran Member

trying to get vag, but failing. [​IMG]

3. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Celebrated the invention of light bulbs

4. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

Celebrated the invention of light bulbs
    [​IMG] I saw that you posted and was coming to make a joak.

5. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

Boarding school. That was probably the most fun i've ever had in my life, aside from the summers between the ages of 10-13, when i used to go stay with my cousins on the lake.

My summers beyond the age of 14 were never much fun for that same reason. Most of my friends lived in other cities/countries and I spent the entire summer working at my parents' hotel, often at night.

6. steviecakes

steviecakes Well-Known Member

Drank Skyy vodka and Bud Light.
    Ate more Adderall than food.
    Smoked Djarums and looked like a pansy doing it.
    Applied to college as a pre-pharmacy major because it was the cool thing to do.
    Had a shitty Azn girlfriend that I didn't deserve.
    Did not get laid.

7. francisl

francisl Active Member

Sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. And started the process of messing up my A Levels because of it.

8. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

I was a strung out goth kid.

9. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Well-Known Member

what did your hair look like?

10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

Like my avatar but spikier and longer

11. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Well-Known Member

Smoked weed.
    Worked at the beach.
    Tried to get laid a lot, failed mostly.
    Got straight A's in school.

12. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

I was a strung out goth kid.
    We saw the pics. lol

13. Reggs

Reggs Well-Known Member

I graduated high school early when they still allowed you to do, started taking college courses. After class I would sneak back into my old high school to have lunch with my girlfriend since her parents didn't let me see her. I knew where to enter the school so no one would notice me. No one by my gf knew I was no longer a student there.

Shortly after that, my girlfriend moved out of her home and into mine with my family and I was the envy of all my friend's for living with my gf at at age, even just having a girlfriend really since all my friends were nerd-virgins. I didn't have to work, had a nice car, and did well in school. It was a good time that was very care-free.

14. JLibourel

JLibourel Well-Known Member

Was finishing up at prep school and graduating. Worked all summer at the old May Company deparment store, mostly selling men's and boy's clothing. Completed my first semester at UCLA and started my second. Began teaching myself Greek.

15. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

We saw the pics. lol

I love Rocko's Modern Life.

16. uvmboi13

uvmboi13 Well-Known Member

When I wuz 17 I had purple drank and it made me higher than the sky. [​IMG]

17. Simion505

Simion505 Well-Known Member

I'm 17 now

Learning why people enjoy drinking, having a great summer, making some new friends I'll never forget already.
    Dressing better every few months.
    Stressing about exams and the future, about university.
    Clunge-wise I'm always scoring better... but I'm really hoping one of these will work its way out into an actual relationship, I'm tired of flitting fights with romance.
    Learning more about who I am. Being in your late teens is brilliant, regardless of the constant struggles for maturity when it suits you and all the change and stress there is to deal with.

I can't wait for more independence however, and the new challenges that will bring.

18. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

Had just started partying, had just started following politics, read a lot of poetry and non-fiction, played a lot of video games. Essentially, it was my first year of greatness.

19. dave333

dave333 Well-Known Member

I'm 17 and getting ready for college (Middlebury College). My prep is currently touring Europe (Paris last week, Amsterdam now, London soon) drinking lots of good beer and wine and clubbing from midnight to dawn.

Pretty damn sweet. It's a good way to unwind after four years where I was the overachiever type.

20. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

I'm 17 and getting ready for college (Middlebury College). My prep is currently touring Europe (Paris last week, Amsterdam now, London soon) drinking lots of good beer and wine and clubbing from midnight to dawn. Pretty damn sweet. It's a good way to unwind after four years where I was the overachiever type.
    Sounds like you had a really rough upbringing.