When you were 17.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Big Pun, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

I'm sure you guys' lives are more interesting than mine so I wanna hear what your life was like at age 17.

Discuss.

2. soxpats

soxpats Senior member

I was living in MAine, smoking pot, working and wanting to get the hell out of there. Now I'm 50, don't smoke and love going back home.

3. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

Studying Quantum Physics and learning to fly Light Aircraft. I also managed to land a hot girlfriend, despite such nerdy pursuits. Good times.

4. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

When I was seventeen, I drank some very good beer
    I drank some very good beer I purchased with a fake ID
    My name was Brian McGee
    I stayed up listening to Queen
    When I was seventeen

5. burningbright

burningbright Senior member

When I was seventeen, I drank some very good beer
    I drank some very good beer I purchased with a fake ID
    My name was Brian McGee
    I stayed up listening to Queen
    When I was seventeen

Beat me to it.

6. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

getting stoned in national parks and trying to get laid ([​IMG])

7. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Moved from a suburb of NYC to a sub of San Francisco. The Bay Area was very relaxed and cool in 1970. Surfing at Santa Cruz or skiing at Squaw Valley was uncrowded and casual. Lots of cute, cool girls. Had a little motorcycle and a surf board. Couldn't wait to be older.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Let's see...played a lot of hockey, drank a lot of beer and whisky, got into fights, slept with girls that dreamed of a UAW husband and I put another nickel in the juke box baby.

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Wake up, 530 AM. Go to morning workout for whichever sport was in season. Class from 8-3:10. Practice til 530. Work until 10. Girlfriend until 11. Sleep. Repeat.

10. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

getting stoned in national parks and trying to get laid ([​IMG])

Getting stoned in state parks AND getting laid

11. tomgirl

tomgirl Senior member

Not really, I was in my last year of catholic high school and had this huge virgin complex, not because I believed in religion at all (I didn't), but because the years of dealing with my school preaching abstinence was the only method of birth control, mixed with my mom basically convincing me I'd be a whore if I had sex before marriage had me all messed up and thinking I'd wait for "the one". I also started university and I was one of the only students in my classes who couldn't drink (drinking age is 18), so I never got invited anywhere, and never got asked out. In other words, I was kind of a loser. [​IMG]

12. dcg

dcg Senior member

Not really, I was in my last year of catholic high school and had this huge virgin complex, not because I believed in religion at all (I didn't), but because the years of dealing with my school preaching abstinence was the only method of birth control, mixed with my mom basically convincing me I'd be a whore if I had sex before marriage had me all messed up and thinking I'd wait for "the one". I also started university and I was one of the only students in my classes who couldn't drink (drinking age is 18), so I never got invited anywhere, and never got asked out. In other words, I was kind of a loser. [​IMG]

But now you are the darling of SF! So, you know, there's that. All's well that ends well, right?

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

But now you are the darling of SF! So, you know, there's that. All's well that ends well, right?

I once asked her what she would do if her only real accomplishment on her deathbed was being the hot chick on a men's clothing website. She gave me some bullshit answer. So.... there's that.

14. dcg

dcg Senior member

I once asked her what she would do if her only real accomplishment on her deathbed was being the hot chick on a men's clothing website. She gave me some bullshit answer. So.... there's that.

You know what would be awesome? A tag team wrestling match, you and tomgirl vs. Conne and spb_lady.

15. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

You know what would be awesome? A tag team wrestling match, you and tomgirl vs. Conne and spb_lady.

She'd do one of the classic moves where we have a great tag team team, and we are just storming through the competition, and then, all of a sudden, in the middle of a match, she whacks me over the head with a metal folding chair and decides that she is switching tagteam partners. Then spb lady and her would kick my ass while conne sat on the sideline fapping.