When you state your weight...

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by mensimageconsultant, Apr 7, 2009.

1. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Rarely does a person specify how much clothing he is wearing when weighed. Maybe the poll will say.

2. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i weigh myself only in my drawers.

3. enjoiii

enjoiii Senior member

At the gym so shirt, shorts and running shoes.

4. lucidy

lucidy Member

I weigh myself in the morning, so in boxers.

5. The Louche

The Louche Senior member

I weigh myself at the gym as well. Usually just wearing my boxers. It doesn't make much sense to me to weigh myself with much more clothes on than that - what good is knowing your weight unless its accurate?

6. unjung

unjung Senior member

WTF is with this ongoing "when you state weight" crap? Of course you don't count clothing - because clothing varies in weight from day to day. "Oh hey I lost two pounds today... by taking off my fucking overcoat!" You take your damn clothes off to weigh yourself, if you want an accurate reading.

7. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

my gym scale is in full view of everyone so I have to weigh clothed - am not the biggest fan of public nudity. I'm thinking my clothes and sneakers are about what, a pound and a half?

8. nordicstyle

nordicstyle Senior member

my gym scale is in full view of everyone so I have to weigh clothed - am not the biggest fan of public nudity. I'm thinking my clothes and sneakers are about what, a pound and a half?

I shouldn't really matter as long as you are wearing about the same amount of clothes each time you weigh in. Discussing weight in absolute terms is meaningless anyway.

9. raclotz

raclotz Well-Known Member

never found whats the difference... its ok for me to weigh myself with dressed and shoes on.. maybe i will deduct 7-8 pounds of the total...

10. bobdobalina

bobdobalina Senior member

Bah. In a state of undress because that method unquestionably removes one source of variability from the process of tracking my weight.

11. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I usually weigh myself only wearing boxers. I also found out I weigh less in the morning. All this usually makes for a good day.

12. nordicstyle

nordicstyle Senior member

I usually weigh myself only wearing boxers. I also found out I weigh less in the morning. All this usually makes for a good day.

Same. Weighing oneself at the same time each time is more important than what you are wearing. Your bodyweight will vary throughout the day depending on various factors such as how much water you retain, what you eat, what you have been doing, etc. First thing in the morning is the best way to get "unbiased" results.

13. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

The original question was an old one, because it seemed dumb, as though everyone weighs himself while undressed. It was just a wild guess that some people 'game' with their clothing to get a lower reading. The results supports the "no dumb questions" adage.

Yes, it is best to do weighing at the same time every day (or every other, as daily is unnecessary). Probably right before getting into the shower (better to not slip on the scale) and following use of the toilet.

14. stylemeup

stylemeup Senior member

I don't see why anyone would ever weigh himself with clothes or shoes on - that's dumb IMO. Clothes and shoes are not how much you weigh, so taking them off doesn't make you 'weigh less'. It just make the scale give you your true weight.

15. captainmo

captainmo Senior member

At the gym so shirt, shorts and running shoes.

+1