• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When you dress smart, what do you notice?

Pessimistic

Reaction score
Like for example I was probably dressed the best out of my friends in a more smart than casual manner with a nice blazer, brown shoes, knit sweatshirt over a shirt and trousers jeans. We were heading to the clubs to celebrate his birthday. Everyone was getting asked for ID in the queue (everyone is aged 19-20 but I've been told I look around late 20s, I'm 19, don't know if it's a good thing), and I thought I better get mine ready, but the bouncer just let me through (authoritative sense I suppose?).

Then when I was in the club near the entrance waiting for my friends to come through a couple of people told me they were just taking their drinks out and I replied I ain't a boss or anything because they must've thought again I was some sort of authoritative figure? Man do I hate the club, it's just 'drunk' people dancing, it's not my scene. I was probably one of the best dressed, if not the best out of the club. Of course I did get some attention from the ladies, but I just brush it off cause I'm a shy guy (slightly anti social). I even got a bit of bottom squeezing from some young ladies which I wasn't comfortable with (I'm not gay).

Sorry if I haven't used the correct style terms or jargon. I just wanted to know how you guys feel and what happens when you go into an environment of different people and are dressed above par.

Thanks in advance.

musicboohoo[1].gif

jkw

Reaction score
you wear a knitwear to clubs?
confused.gif

singhstyle

Reaction score
Bro, I never wear a blazer to the club, and girls probably pinch your ass to poke fun at you or because they might honestly think youre a good looking guy. It may be the latter because every guy in the club is wearing an Express, Guess, or Ed Hardy tee shirt, and you may be the different one. Anyway, I am a fan of vests over a white t-shirt, very simple style, but my vests are pretty elaborate and I always get positive comments on them.
When I dress smart however, which is when I go to high class places like Hoboken or lounges in the City, I usually have eyes on me, and get asked to buy girls drinks... first of all, I dont buy every girl I see drinks and I am only a twenty year old in college, so I dont have money to buy every girl I see a drink. lol

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pessimistic
I even got a bit of bottom squeezing from some young ladies which I wasn't comfortable with (I'm not gay).

Hahahahahahahha! That doesn't make a bit of sense. Are you a woman?

Pessimistic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkw
you wear a knitwear to clubs?
confused.gif

It was just one of those basic black skinny v-neck sweatshirts, I thought it went well with the blazer.

Originally Posted by singhstyle
When I dress smart however, which is when I go to high class places like Hoboken or lounges in the City, I usually have eyes on me, and get asked to buy girls drinks... first of all, I dont buy every girl I see drinks and I am only a twenty year old in college, so I dont have money to buy every girl I see a drink. lol

Yeh clubs pretty much suck, the people were stepping on my shoes and I had to keep pushing them away from me, drinks were getting spilt left right and center it was like going through a war zone. Yeh lounges are much better.

Originally Posted by hossoso
Hahahahahahahha! That doesn't make a bit of sense. Are you a woman?

No I'm not a women, I just wasn't comfortable with it, I was walking through the dance floor and chatting to friends when I noticed something brush against my backside, at first I didn't take notice must've been a drunk bumping in to people, but then for the second and third times it was more deliberate. I just had to quickly take a seat. At the end when the club closed, everyone was walking out and the group of girls apologised and I just joked it off.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm amazed you would be offended by a woman grabbing your ass......at a club.

Unless this girl was something scary, you have no business being offended.

I agree clubs are not always a good time, especially if you're wearing clothes or shoes that you like not to be destroyed, but please, sounds like a good time for anyone.

Pessimistic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
I'm amazed you would be offended by a woman grabbing your ass......at a club.

Unless this girl was something scary, you have no business being offended.

I wasn't offended, just wasn't comfortable. I haven't had someone grab ****** before. I guess I just didn't know how to react.

How would you react? Turn her around and grab her ass?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Assuming she's someone i'm interested in, i'd certainly take the invitation to strike up a conversation, or dance with her.

I think you need to loosen up and have some fun, you're 19, and got into a club, no questions asked.....take advantage of it.

Pessimistic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
I think you need to loosen up and have some fun, you're 19, and got into a club, no questions asked.....take advantage of it.

Yeh I don't really know how to dance anyway, besides dancing in shoes to some hip hop and r'n'b will make one stick out like a sore thumb. Didn't want to crease my shoes anyway.

I'm sure you been to some really good clubs out there, but I just think I didn't get along with the crowd in this one.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dance....i think dancing is a bad idea with someone you didnt bring to the club, i'd rather hang out get to know her and have a drink.

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1.) loser or troll?

2.) does it matter, if both result in idiocy?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads