• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When should I call her? - Help SF!

Anonymouss

Reaction score
Hey SF, I can't think of anyone else on the internet who can better help me with my current dilemma.

So I met this girl last night while I was out getting a late night burrito with some friends (I'm a university student). We instantly hit it off, and I invited her to come back to a party my friends house that we were heading too.

On the way over, I learned that this girl lives one floor above me, not sure how I didn't meet her until now.

Because it was already pretty late when the got there, the party winded down within an hour or so, and we decided to walk back to our building together. We stopped on the front steps and talked for like an hour. Then she asked me if I wanted to crash or to "come up and watch like a movie or something with me".

"Golden" I thought.

To make a long story short, we didn't really watch the movie, but we didn't go all the way either. She said she didn't want to sleep with a guy she had only met a few hours earlier. In retrospect, I'm probably glad she said that

Anyways, we said goodbye at like 6:30am, and I made it back downstairs. So, when do I call her? I don't want to look too eager, but on the other hand we really hit it off, and I would love to see her again soon. Help guys!

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wait a few more hours and then go up there with a sack of condoms in one hand and a pump-bottle of lube in the other...probably pull ********* out for effect.

inform her that it is ok to sleep with you now because a few hours have turned into 24 hours which is a day.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

wait a few more hours and then go up there with a sack of condoms in one hand and a pump-bottle of lube in the other...probably pull ********* out for effect.

inform her that it is ok to sleep with you now because a few hours have turned into 24 hours which is a day.

don't forget some suds...

Anonymouss

Reaction score
Haha alright guys, Thanks for the advice.

Tuesday night is sounding like the winner

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Haha alright guys, Thanks for the advice.

Tuesday night is sounding like the winner
tuesday? no man, ******* call her whenever you want. Do you like this girl? if yes, then don't play games. It could backfire if you've got nothing to talk about or something, but otherwise there would be nothing wrong with a call or a text right now. Tuesday means you either really aren't that interested or you are playing some stupid game...you're a college student so its not like you are too busy to call. You could call and arrange to meet up again...but schedule that for tuesday if you aren't in a hurry or have other plans already. You went home with this girl and spent the night (and it sounds like you would have done the nasty if she had asked)...why on earth wouldn't you be fine calling her whenever? Its not like this is some acquaintance you met at a gathering and got a phone number from.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. Don't wait. This question makes me think you aren't the stud you want us to think you are. I spent the night every night for an entire month at my gf's apartment after I met her. It was awesome getting action on the reg like that.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best thing about youngins these days is that texts usually suffice and are less formal than calling, so that whole waiting period thing doesn't matter. Give it a day or two then shoot one her way.

Anonymouss

Reaction score
I agree. Don't wait. This question makes me think you aren't the stud you want us to think you are. I spent the night every night for an entire month at my gf's apartment after I met her. It was awesome getting action on the reg like that.

I'm not trying to make myself sound like a stud. This is my freshman year, and although I certainly had a solid and female filled highschool career, my experience with same-night semi-drunken hookups is almost zero.

The best thing about youngins these days is that texts usually suffice and are less formal than calling, so that whole waiting period thing doesn't matter. Give it a day or two then shoot one her way.

Dropped her a text earlier tonight, we chatted for a little while. Although almost every text she sent me sounded pretty flirty, she didn't jump on my hints of getting together tonight.

All in all, I have a pretty good feeling about all this, I really like this girl, maybe I'll see if I can get in touch with her tomorrow evening.

Also, I'm a little drunk right now, so please excuse my typing/explanations.

Sazerac

Reaction score

Dropped her a text earlier tonight, we chatted for a little while. Although almost every text she sent me sounded pretty flirty, she didn't jump on my hints of getting together tonight. 

Didn't jump on your hints? Try simply stating -- on the phone, not in an SMS -- that you want to get together. It's called being a grown man.

I don't mean to harsh on you, but women hate passive guys. If you want to get together, say so.

Anonymouss

Reaction score
Alright, I'll call her later this afternoon and be more straight-up.

Don't worry about being harsh, I came here for advice, my internet thick-skin is on.

I've always been a pretty shy guy, and moving from a small town to the city for school is already a bit of a culture shock for me.
Didn't jump on your hints? Try simply stating -- on the phone, not in an SMS -- that you want to get together. It's called being a grown man.

I don't mean to harsh on you, but women hate passive guys. If you want to get together, say so.

Last edited:

billsayers

Reaction score
You should be fine if you call her on today. You already made contact via text yesterday so it will not seem out of place.

Just be casual when you ask to meet up...when I was in college, my most successful lines were "a few friends and I are going to XYZ for dinner, want to come with?" or "thinking about heading to the library for a few hours, want to join me?"

Good luck and enjoy your college experience...it only gets harder to meet girls as you get older.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You should be fine if you call her on today. You already made contact via text yesterday so it will not seem out of place.

Just be casual when you ask to meet up...when I was in college, my most successful lines were "a few friends and I are going to XYZ for dinner, want to come with?" or "thinking about heading to the library for a few hours, want to join me?"

Good luck and enjoy your college experience...it only gets harder to meet girls as you get older.

Mine were "I really can't sleep with you because you're dating this guy I'm kinda friends with. On second though, if you insist." IF you don't believe me ask Edwin.

@Anon...Give us deets. Rip it up.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, should have called her mid afternoon to "grab a drink" later on that night.

that 2 day rule is only for new women you met cold, you've already warmed up to her.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads