When prepping for job interviews...

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Oddly Familiar, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Oddly Familiar

Oddly Familiar Senior member

I have my first job interview on tuesday, waht are some pointers to keep in mind that will help me leave a good first impression? I desperately need a job, so if any tips are useful.

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Search for "interview" on the whole forum - there have been tons of great tips on this, not only what to wear, but how to act, what to bring, etc.

3. Oddly Familiar

4. Matt

Matt [email protected]

what kind of job?

5. mbc

mbc Senior member

I have my first job interview on tuesday, waht are some pointers to keep in mind that will help me leave a good first impression? I desperately need a job, so if any tips are useful.
    One thing that always impresses me when I'm hiring is a candidate who's done their homework. Read about the place you want to work. If possible, read even more about the specific department you want to work in. Companies want to hire people who want to be there, not people who just want any old job.

6. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

You want to establish rapport with the interviewer. Thus, I would recommend you bring up your shorn pubic hair early on in the interview. Perhaps you could work it in with a casual comment such as "Is it breezy in here, or is that just the lack of hair on my genitalia?" [​IMG]

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

You want to establish rapport with the interviewer. Thus, I would recommend you bring up your shorn pubic hair early on in the interview. Perhaps you could work it in with a casual comment such as "Is it breezy in here, or is that just the lack of hair on my genitalia?" [​IMG]
    LOL. Also, to make sure you stay awake, do A LOT of coke…and make sure that your Mohawk is colored in a ‘tasteful’ color this week. Also, comparing body art is also a good way to humanize the whole interview experience. [​IMG] Jon.

8. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Oooh, below the belt Jon and Bradford ;D

9. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

Show enthusiasm for the work. As obvious as that sounds, you might be surprised by the amount of people who overlook this simple detail. Be prepared to say, "this is what I want to do, and this is why I want to do it." Be polite, personable, etc, but keep in mind you're not there to make friends, you're there to talk about work and why you'd be good at it.

10. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Make good eye contact. Have a firm handshake. Seem animated, but not too animated. Show determination. Smile.

11. Oddly Familiar

I think my interview went over pretty well. I did all of the things mentioned above, and I said "yes, ma'am" and "no ma'am". It's a shame I didn't bring up the hair shaving, though. Maybe I'll go coked out on my next interview and just strip down naked in the middle of the restaurant. Maybe I sholud shave "Papadaux" into the hair, too.

12. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

I think my interview went over pretty well. I did all of the things mentioned above, and I said "yes, ma'am" and "no ma'am". It's a shame I didn't bring up the hair shaving, though. Maybe I'll go coked out on my next interview and just strip down naked in the middle of the restaurant. Maybe I sholud shave "Papadaux" into the hair, too.
    Maybe you should film this and post it here.

13. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored