When is this ticket pocket fad gonna end?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HitMan009, Jan 9, 2010.

1. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

The ticket pocket fad will end the day after the last man on horse crosses toll bridge or gate through private property.

Until then, we need that pocket.

- B

2. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

I really dislike those silly "lapels" that they've been putting on jackets lately. Way overused, IMO. Seems like nearly every sports jacket or suit I see has them on there. Just wondering whether or not you chaps think I should start a thread about it. Let me know.

Oh, and...IBP.

3. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

It will never end as long as there are people with pretenses who also live in a state of denial.

They should, however, change the name to EZ-Pass pockets.

4. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

Even my car has a ticket pocket. If you lose the autostrada ticket they make you pay for the max. So the ticket is the most valuable thing on my car.

5. George

George Senior member

Ticket pocket look great on the right suit.

What I find difficult to stomach os ticket pocket + slanted pockets.

Yes, but that was the original configuration.

I like 'em, and I don't give a flying fuck whether they're fashionable or not, whether they're on an H&M suit or not and in my opinion nor should anyone else.

6. knittieguy

knittieguy Senior member

I wouldn"t call them a fad, but they are definitely much more common now than they were 5-10 years ago. Back then it was quite rare to see one except on very high end suits. Now you can find them on mid-brow suits at Filenes.

I'm not a big fan of them personally (I think they look a bit redundant) but I do believe they have been a perfectly acceptable choice for the well-dressed man for eons. They just go in and out of style,much like peak lapels, knit ties, and flat front pants. As opposed to, say, duck-front bicycle-toe shoes, which are a fad.

7. bowtielover

bowtielover Senior member

It's been going on for too long and I think it should stop. What are your thoughts?

I don't see a problem with them, it's not really my style but I think it looks just fine on others.

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I've been putting them on my suits since the first bespoke suit I got, maybe 17-18 years ago. I get them on the left side, and I use them for my cell phone. I figure that I will use them for the rest of my life - so if in 40 years or so people want to stop using them, that works for me.

9. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Yes, but that was the original configuration. I like 'em, and I don't give a flying fuck whether they're fashionable or not, whether they're on an H&M suit or not and in my opinion nor should anyone else.
    Exactly. If you're going to worry about ticket pockets, just don't get them. I love how they look and I use them, and I usually get them on single breasted jackets of English make. They have the same informalizing touch as a 3/2. They are a bit of rus in urbe. I do think that they oft go awry in RTW, and when Italian or Asian tailors do them. - B

10. Film Noir Buff

I find myself fortunate that I do not count ticket pocket wearers amongst my friends. I was once assaulted in a foggy alley by a man with a ticket pocket and only narrowly escaped garroting with an over the calf sock ( a sober colored one with a small pattern because plain socks are boring but too much of a pattern might elicit a comment).

11. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Love them. Hope it never dies.

12. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

Personally, I would rather see the peaked lapel SB trend go out the door before the ticket pocket.

they have been around as long as cutaway/ morning coats. 150+ years.

Yes, I know...but recently they have been on every fashion forward suit available to the general public. It's now almost default instead of notched RTW everything is comming out with peaked lapels.

13. George

George Senior member

I find myself fortunate that I do not count ticket pocket wearers amongst my friends. I was once assaulted in a foggy alley by a man with a ticket pocket and only narrowly escaped garroting with an over the calf sock ( a sober colored one with a small pattern because plain socks are boring but too much of a pattern might elicit a comment).

I bet you've got a few DB's with the old ticket pocket lurking in that wardrobe...come on...come on...'fess up. [​IMG]

14. Film Noir Buff

I bet you've got a few DB's with the old ticket pocket lurking in that wardrobe...come on...come on...'fess up. [​IMG]
    Actually I do not. With the sole exception a 19oz tweed suit that has a ticket pocket and which I regret doing. Anyone who gets those I think is making a mistake, however, anyone who puts any stock in the fact that someone else has them needs to get their priorities realigned.

15. George

George Senior member

Actually I do not. With the sole exception a 19oz tweed suit that has a ticket pocket and which I regret doing.

Anyone who gets those I think is making a mistake, however, anyone who puts any stock in the fact that someone else has them needs to get their priorities realigned.

So, why do you think it's a mistake to get them...?