• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When is the prime time post on the B&S thread?

velvel87

Reaction score
I have mine own ideas on the topic but I was curious what the forum thought:

When is the best time to post an item on the B&S thread? I'm talking: Time of day and even day of the week.

The idea is what time will your post have the best chance to get the most views.

What are your thoughts? When are you most likely to check out the B&S thread?

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When is the best time to post an item on the B&S thread?

If I told you then I'd have to compete with you. I ain't sayin' nuthin'.

images

velvel87

Reaction score

All depends what you're selling, some things won't shift even if every person on the forum see them.

I hear you, but all things being equally, step 1 should be "When will I get the most eyes on my post." Step 2 is "the product will sell itself." Any business/marketing majors reading this? Sound familiar? "The Product Era" - Marketing 101.

You definitely have to have the goods to get any interest on SF - which I love; I love working with people who know quality. But there are some other factors that go into it like timing, pictures, details, and pricing.

But back to the point, I was just curious when sellers find it the best time to post and when buyers are most likely to take a look at the B&S thread. If there is one at all.

Last edited:

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually bump my sales thread when I see high number of viewer on forum.

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And if it is ties...you better give me a heads up. Is there a mailing list I can join? :nest:

RSS feeds get you 30 mins after new listings are posted, unless you hit refresh on front page every 30 seconds

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

RSS feeds get you 30 mins after new listings are posted, unless you hit refresh on front page every 30 seconds

Probably the smart move.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads