When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stant62, Mar 3, 2011.

1. etseq

etseq Senior member

So just have them order another pair and then decide which one you want to keep. That way, you can only do same or better.

Thanks, that's true of course. I guess my question is mainly about cordovan generally---is this an acceptable blemish or this one too noticeable? For $500, I'm inclined to follow the commenters' advice and take them back.

2. JChance

JChance Senior member

when do their RLBL suits/blazers go on sale? I'm still waiting for a 38S suit :/

3. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

I think pretty much never, especially in 38S. I would look into BB Milano.

4. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

The sales rep told me RLBL/RLPL will be on sale early June, dunno how much truth there is to that. Also, last time they had sales it was on the patterned suits but no solids or staples.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

The discoloration runs diagonally across the top of the foot. It looks like a shadow but it's actually in the leather: [​IMG]
    take these back. clearly a manufacturing defect unless the other shoe matches.. [​IMG]

6. JChance

JChance Senior member

I guess I should start looking into stores that carry RL wholesale/leftover from sales and outlets. Anyone knew/heard of any?

I know in the Bay Area, there's a Levi's store that gets deadstock Levi's jeans for more than halfoff that I absolutely cannot find it anywhere else. I'm talking about something like this.

7. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

I guess I should start looking into stores that carry RL wholesale/leftover from sales and outlets. Anyone knew/heard of any?

I know in the Bay Area, there's a Levi's store that gets deadstock Levi's jeans for more than halfoff that I absolutely cannot find it anywhere else. I'm talking about something like this.

what/where is this store in the bay?

8. JChance

JChance Senior member

It's called "Splash" (Levi's), located at College Ave and Franklin, Berkeley, CA 94704, haha. I found like all the sizes of Capital E there (they buy wholesale of deadstock of Levi's and resell them)

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

10. web.boards

web.boards Active Member

Will this sale cover Black Label suits and tuxedos?

11. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

I've never seen tuxedos on sale and the rep I deal with says that pretty much never happens. Same for staple RLBL suits in navy and charcoal. I'm told they sell well enough without the sales.

12. web.boards

web.boards Active Member

I just got back from a RL store and some of the suits are on sale. I just bought a $2,000 suit for 40% off. I do not follow their prices so I do not know if it normally really sells for that much. Is 40% off one of their black label suits really a good deal?

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

the mailer specifically includes, among other labels, Black Label. I would think that both Black Label suits and tuxedos will be included. In the past, when BL has been excluded, the mailer would specifically say the label would be excluded.

14. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

I would presume that this mailer is an indication that there are going to be hard markdowns taken on the items rather than a 40% promotion. I would also presume that the staple pieces will not be marked down, but rather the seasonably specific stuff.

15. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Were items already on sale? The posting above said June 7th?

Last time I was at the RL store, the sale associate told me that RL plans to stagger the regular merchandise, RLBL and RLPL sales in the future. He said RLBL is on sale early June, while RLPL should be early July. Time to grab my Darlton PTB's.