• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale?

spiktakula

Reaction score

Are u sure it's 50% off? I was quoted 30 on the phone

Rrl in stores is 30 percent off lowest, everything else is 50 off this was at Rrl west Broadway, the mansion and 5th ave.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if 50% was stores planning to ship their leftovers out this past week, while 30% was/is for those stores keeping their stuff till it sells out. It's also possible that some stores had lower marked prices; Chicago had marked prices below what was online so it may have equaled out.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if 50% was stores planning to ship their leftovers out this past week, while 30% was/is for those stores keeping their stuff till it sells out. It's also possible that some stores had lower marked prices; Chicago had marked prices below what was online so it may have equaled out.

I called the RL in Tysons Corner outside DC, & they said its still 30% off but they added, "until Friday," so I am not sure what that means. Maybe I should call again & clarify.

spiktakula

Reaction score

So only Manhattan stores are 50%?

I have no clue and didn't ask questions just bought!! lol

Flannel Navy Suit for 320 and some great RRL pieces at discount

spiktakula

Reaction score

Bexcellence

Reaction score

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bexcellence

Reaction score
RLBL suits didnt cost $2000, so the quality is the same, but the prices are slightly more now that they have the RLPL brand?

Dmanf51

Reaction score

RLBL suits didnt cost $2000, so the quality is the same, but the prices are slightly more now that they have the RLPL brand?

Supposedly better fabrics, better construction on waistband and updated sidetabs, along with basted sleeves for functioning buttons

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The suits were previously a minimum of $1,795 for the basics, and a minimum of $1,895 (many over $2k) for the seasonal offerings. So again, we're talking about a few hundred increase, which is to be expected from time to time even without the label change or a serious material upgrade.

Supposedly better fabrics, better construction on waistband and updated sidetabs, along with basted sleeves for functioning buttons

The basted sleeves are actually a downgrade, IMO. Previously, the sleeves were setup for working buttonholes, but with the buttons tacked on, making it possible to wear the suit prior to having the working buttonholes made. That was helpful if buying at a department store that offered basic alterations but not working buttonholes.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The suits were previously a minimum of $1,795 for the basics, and a minimum of $1,895 (many over $2k) for the seasonal offerings. So again, we're talking about a few hundred increase, which is to be expected from time to time even without the label change or a serious material upgrade.

The basted sleeves are actually a downgrade, IMO. Previously, the sleeves were setup for working buttonholes, but with the buttons tacked on, making it possible to wear the suit prior to having the working buttonholes made. That was helpful if buying at a department store that offered basic alterations but not working buttonholes.

Well. If I'm not mistaken, a few years ago rlbl was all machine made. Now I believe it's 70 machine / 30 hand. They made that without (I believe) an increase in the actual price. So it might just be an adjustment even if it's a year or 2 late.

There have been side adjusters for a while on rlbl - atleast all 3 of mine have side adjusters.

It's definitely not purple label prices which start at 5k.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well. If I'm not mistaken, a few years ago rlbl was all machine made. Now I believe it's 70 machine / 30 hand. They made that without (I believe) an increase in the actual price. So it might just be an adjustment even if it's a year or 2 late.

There have been side adjusters for a while on rlbl - atleast all 3 of mine have side adjusters.

I've only ever seen one RLBL suit with belt loops, and I've been buying them since '09.

Dmanf51

Reaction score

I've only ever seen one RLBL suit with belt loops, and I've been buying them since '09.

Sidetabs are nothing new but they are updated they now sit lower and have more of a shape to them as opposed to the basic rectangle tabs. Also in regards to machine made vs hand made, there are two new purple labels. The previous BL now PL just has the basic purple label inside, the handmade PL now says "handmade in Italy" underneath it which is why the price for that jumps to the previous PL prices

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads