1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stant62, Mar 3, 2011.

1. jonathanS

jonathanS Senior member

Was it 50% off purple & black label as well? Or just rrl

2. spiktakula

spiktakula Well-Known Member

purple black and blue label 50 rrl 30 off

3. Bexcellence

Bexcellence Senior member

4. jonathanS

jonathanS Senior member

No. It's a rlbl suit close to rlbl prices.

5. Bexcellence

Bexcellence Senior member

RLBL suits didnt cost $2000, so the quality is the same, but the prices are slightly more now that they have the RLPL brand?

6. Dmanf51

Dmanf51 Active Member

Supposedly better fabrics, better construction on waistband and updated sidetabs, along with basted sleeves for functioning buttons

7. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

The suits were previously a minimum of $1,795 for the basics, and a minimum of $1,895 (many over $2k) for the seasonal offerings. So again, we're talking about a few hundred increase, which is to be expected from time to time even without the label change or a serious material upgrade.

The basted sleeves are actually a downgrade, IMO. Previously, the sleeves were setup for working buttonholes, but with the buttons tacked on, making it possible to wear the suit prior to having the working buttonholes made. That was helpful if buying at a department store that offered basic alterations but not working buttonholes.

8. jonathanS

jonathanS Senior member

Well. If I'm not mistaken, a few years ago rlbl was all machine made. Now I believe it's 70 machine / 30 hand. They made that without (I believe) an increase in the actual price. So it might just be an adjustment even if it's a year or 2 late.

There have been side adjusters for a while on rlbl - atleast all 3 of mine have side adjusters.

It's definitely not purple label prices which start at 5k.

9. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

I've only ever seen one RLBL suit with belt loops, and I've been buying them since '09.

10. Dmanf51

Dmanf51 Active Member

Sidetabs are nothing new but they are updated they now sit lower and have more of a shape to them as opposed to the basic rectangle tabs. Also in regards to machine made vs hand made, there are two new purple labels. The previous BL now PL just has the basic purple label inside, the handmade PL now says "handmade in Italy" underneath it which is why the price for that jumps to the previous PL prices

11. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

yup, the sidetabs are definitely more updated, looks more like the ones from say Paul Stuart or RLPL (for my lack of ability to describe it)...

12. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Are all the Black Label suits are off the floor?

13. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

14. Birk08

Birk08 New Member

Does anyone know if the black Friday sale is any good in comparison to the December/January sale?

Not looking for winter clothes.

Thanks