1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stant62, Mar 3, 2011.

1. vida

vida Senior member

So Ralph Lauren in Lennox will not carry any of the new BL/PL luxury items? Just Polo and home? Surprising.

2. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Interesting. I'm sure that RL decided it was time to change the business model. At first I thought that they were picking on Detroit (area). There's also a Neiman and Saks at the mall where the RL store was and I've wondered why they remain.

3. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

Tbh Neiman and Saks sell their fair share of low quality cr*p, just that their main customers are female shoppers most of whom don't care too deeply about quality of materials and construction as long as the styles are good/flattering.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  4. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

You're right - I was thinking of the men's selections, which isn't too good at either.

5. md2010

md2010 Senior member

It makes sense from RL point of view. They are on business to maximise profit. Selling rubbish gives higher profit margins.I personally never paid full retail on PRL / RLBL stuff. Higher priced PRL /RLBL suits and SC was always available when sale hits 50%. Why? Because most general buyers never paid or couldn't afford buying at full retail. I always tell RL sales staff that I will wait for it to go 50% off as it will still be expensive for most buyers, and it will still be available!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  6. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Anyone went to the Ralph Lauren sample Sal?

7. ElementHU

ElementHU Senior member

I received and sent back the majority of items that I took advantage of during their 40 + 40 glitch that occurred serendeipitously while I was online after midnight on 5/27 when they switched promos to the 40% sale. While I've bought a lot of RLBL over the years, I'm thinking this change to merge RLBL and RLPL might not be a bad thing. The suits, sport shirts, etc. I returned were all RLBL because the quality was just lacking this time around for me. That said, the RLPL trousers and polo I kept were outstanding. I should have bought more of the RLPL when I had that brief window. :brick:

8. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

Out of curiosity, which model suits did you order? I haven't seen any decline with the Anthony model, but I won't buy the Austin because I don't believe in half-lined suit jackets (casual sport coats, fine, but not suits). I'm guessing the goal was to get them made on the cheap and unfortunately they constitute more than half of what's on sale.

9. Dmanf51

Dmanf51 Active Member

The Anthony is most certainly not lacking in quality still made by Caruso still a mix of machine/hand sewed. The Austin on the other hand is a different story as you point out. They are predominate model this season which is why that is the bulk of what's on sale. I've heard the Anthony will remain after the merger of lines, and I hope that is true.

10. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

What's wrong with half lined? That doesn't say much about quality, no? By the way Bloomingdale on 59th St have a peak lapel RLBL suit on sale for about 700

edit: size 36 Regular, navy pinstripe

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  11. ElementHU

ElementHU Senior member

My main complaint in quality were the sport and dress shirts, but was definitely not impressed with the Anthony Linen sport coat or the 2 Anthony suits I ordered. It didn't help that one showed up from a store folded and boxed vs. on a hangar in a garment bag. That said, the material on both Anthony suits were just meh for me and didn't feel worth even the steep discount at around 64% off. I did keep an RLBL Nigel trouser which at 180 was too good to return.

12. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

interesting, were you getting the summer fabric by any chance? I think the RLBL suit winter fabric were all excellent

13. TimelesStyle

Out of curiosity, which Anthony suits did you try that you thought weren't particularly great?

14. TimelesStyle

Just doesn't feel as substantial when it comes to a real business suit. It doesn't indicate lesser quality per se, but it indicates a more casual style and perhaps represents cost-cutting.

15. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Senior member

Half- and skeletal-lining is usually more expensive to make because the seam stitching is exposed and therefore needs to be cleaner.

16. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Really???

17. White Lotus

White Lotus Senior member

Yea there was a 40+40 sale. It was definitely a glitch. it happened 2 weeks ago on thursday early in the morning 4am. It was stopped but then the glitch went on again at midnight i believe. I hope it happens again. Fingers crossed. hahaha

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  18. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Anybody know when the next set of mark-downs will occur?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  19. ElementHU

ElementHU Senior member

One was the pindot and the other was the charcoal plaid. I had a chance to feel the charcoal plaid at the RL store before mine arrived so I wasn't that surprised when I didn't like the feel of it. Beyond that, it just didn't seem to have the same drape/fit I've had in the past with Anthony.

20. ElementHU

ElementHU Senior member

Yeah in hindsight I probably should have loaded up on more RLPL for the heck of it, but I wasn't really prepared when it happened. I was actually in the process of making a purchase with the previous discount code when literally all the new sale for RLBL/RLPL lit up with 40% so I put an item in my cart and lo and behold...40+40. Timing is everything. :slayer:

1 person likes this.