1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stant62, Mar 3, 2011.

1. thinman

thinman Senior member

Robert, will the Darwin model shoes ever go on sale? I have a pair that I bought on ebay, I love them, and I'd liike another pair, but can't justify paying full retail.

2. dastig

dastig Senior member

Not usually. However, I have seen purple label shoes on sale for as little as 500.

3. michaelvl

michaelvl Senior member

Can someone explain to me how exactly a RL private sale works? I am also curious to know if the private sales are world wide or US only.

4. southbound35

southbound35 Senior member

Rob, is RRL usually included in the Private Sale? One of the stores near me always seems to exclude all RRL.

5. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

In the RRL thread he said 30% + kicker , "Included groups: transcontinental, Santa fe, Brittany, and spring icon. Accessories associated with the groups are included. Select footwear."

6. southbound35

southbound35 Senior member

Thanks, zippyh.

7. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

PRIVATE SALE
    April 25 through May 1
    Typically includes RLPL - (I am waiting to hear from my SA) and is 40% off + the 15% kicker
    Happy Hunting.....and do not ask me about the "Clunky C&J's".

8. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

Well that SUCKS - Blue Label (with exclusions).
    RLBL/RLPL Is end June.

9. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

man Ralph Lauren is my favourite brand is all time.

10. garymyman

garymyman Senior member

Like what? Alls I want is a basic blue label navy suit for as cheap as possible. What's the deal with the 15% "kicker"? Is this in-store only? I didn't get a postcard this year.

11. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

Are you near a store and do you have a sales associate you work with frequently? If so, wait until the spring sale is almost over then go for it. I got a blue label blue suit for less than $500 (sticker was $1600 iirc) at the end of the spring sale a few years ago.

12. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Unless it's seasonal, what motivation would RL have to discount a basic navy suit by 70%?

13. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

My post had nothing to do with why it happened, I was recounting my experience. Regardless, my point was that the deepest discounts come at the end of the sales which is well beyond the expiration of private sale. Its a gamble that your size will not be available. The question was about a RL suit "as cheap as possible" and I gave my opinion.

Also, I am sure others can attest to finding deep discounts right before sales end. Even on the website, discounts start at a certain percent off, then get moved to the "Special Sale" tab then finally get hidden in a "Sale" tab where they will be at the lowest price.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  14. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

I've seen solid navy suits at RL for $500. It happens.

15. cruxisfalcon

cruxisfalcon Well-Known Member

I got a solid navy PRL suit for $600 just a couple of weeks ago. The same suit is still on sale now, but in very limited sizes if you go to their website. If you happen to be a 42L or 44L, it'll be ~$408 with 40 + 15% off.

16. garymyman

garymyman Senior member

I'm about 180 miles from the nearest store in Dallas. It might be worth it to make a weekend trip for a ~$600 Polo suit. After double checking their stock, of course.

17. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Right, that is the old model with pleated pants that is being clearanced out. I can understand that discount. Based on what all of you are saying, I guess I should keep an eye out on the suits during the last days of the sale. Interesting.

18. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

I picked up the Polo tux for $600. Double forward pleats but I'm not picky, especially since I wear a tux once or twice a year.

19. ChiliPalmer

ChiliPalmer Senior member

There is a NWT solid navy PRL suit on sale in B&S right now for $499. Size 44R.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  20. stevent

stevent Senior member

Barney's has black label for pretty cheap during sales