1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stant62, Mar 3, 2011.

1. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Giving in style is April 4 - 10 this year. Just got a card in the post. Seems to be 25% off select stuff.

2. dastig

dastig Senior member

I usually post in streetwear, but if anyone wants anything for Give in Style, let me know. I work for RL at chicago, so we have a large selection. I work for RRL there, but i still know the blue label stuff. Shoot me a pm if you want.

Thanks,

Robert

3. dastig

dastig Senior member

I usually post in streetwear, but if anyone wants anything for Give in Style, let me know. I work for RL at chicago, so we have a large selection. I work for RRL there, but i still know the blue label stuff. Shoot me a pm if you want.

Thanks,

Robert

4. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Thumbs up from me for Robert/Dastig. He helped me pick up a pair of Marlow wingtips at the last private sale.

5. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Awesome. I'm not familiar with RRL versus blue lable, but do you know if the sale will include cordovan (i.e. marlow)? Also, is the sale a 25% off? Is there another sale that comes around that is 40%? Thanks!

6. dastig

dastig Senior member

The cordovans are included in the Give in Style. We have no idea if they will include them in Private Sale. They usually do not like to discount core footwear for Private Sale. That being said it is a gamble if you want to wait. Since, they are discounting them for GIS I doubt they will include them for private sale.

The best thing I would recommend is order them for GIS and if they discount them for private, just return them and reorder them. Although this isn't an ideal situation, if they aren't included, you would have to wait till next fall at the earliest to get any discount on the cordovans.

If anyone here needs anything, send me a PM. I've helped out a bunch of SF members in the past.

7. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

wondering the same.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  8. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Robert,

Thanks again for your prompt response and assistance with the Marlow Wingtips.

Cheers,

Dan

9. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

when is the private sale?

10. dastig

dastig Senior member

Private sale is the last week of April.

1 person likes this.
  11. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

whats the discount for the private sale?

12. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

If anybody is interested in any GIS eligible items and looking for a discount greater than 25% message me.

13. hangten

hangten Senior member

I'm interested in picking up a black label solid navy suit. I tried applying the giving code at checkout and it looks like it does not qualify. Do these typically go on sale during the private sale?

14. Big Texas

Big Texas Senior member

Sometimes, but very rarely, and usually only when there's a seasonal changeover in fabric weights.

By design, sales in the apparel business are usually about some combination of three basic objectives:

1) Clearance (of overstocked or low-velocity items, or seasonal holdover inventory that needs to move out).
    2) Promotion (of new items, or of the brand to new customer bases).
    3) Activation (of existing customers, i.e., an attempt to get them to spend more, or to bring dormant customers back into the fold).

RL, in particular, can be relied upon for type 1 and type 3 sales on a regular and predictable basis. It's not as big on type 2 sales, given that it's a very well established brand. Unfortunately, type 2 is the sort of sale where you'd be most likely to see legitimate, timeless staples sold at discount. But sometimes you'll find staples for sale in a seasonal sale.

15. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

You should get in touch with edubs01 (the post above yours). Seems like he has something going on...

16. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

very insightful. thanks.

17. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

Are purple label dress shirts on sale?

18. dastig

dastig Senior member

Update:

Private sale starts April 25th. Mostly blue label and RRL. 30% off plus 15% kicker. Note kicker is only available the first week. 4/25-5/1.

No cordovans included.

As always, I can help you guys get anything from the stores or order online. I work in RRL at the Chicago store, but know the other labels very well.

Thanks,

Robert

1 person likes this.
  19. The Deacon

The Deacon Senior member

20. LBC Demon

LBC Demon Well-Known Member

Woot! I need some linen shorts and pants.