When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stant62, Mar 3, 2011.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

Just buy half size down and tts and return the one that doesn't fit. Consensus seems to be .5 down or so

2. PigFlys

PigFlys Member

Can anyone help me out on the sizing of the Chelsea Boots and the Telford Tumbled Calf Boat Shoes please. I have never ordered shoes from RL before, so just want to know how they do size wise. I am a 10.5 in AE McAllister, should I go same size or .5 size down?

Also, can these pre-sale items be returned? If it can, I might just order both and return the one that does not fit. I couldn't locate the return policy on the web page.

Thank you

3. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Too many items at ONLY 30% + 15% off and too many exceptions....

Not feeling the love this time. :happy:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012

4. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

Someone could post the link just to view what are the exceptions? (to understand what will be in sale in the public sale)

Thanks

Edit: Sorry, I have not seen the link posted above :satisfied:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012

5. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

If somebody has a code that they are not using and would care to share, please pm me.

6. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Still debating whether to pull the trigger on the Sanderson in tan.

Is tan more or less a Spring/Summer color? How would I wear them in dressy and casual environment? Last pair of tan shoes I've got I took them to a cobbler and had it dyed to oxblood.

7. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Tan Sandersons would be on the more casual side given the light color and open lacing. I grabbed a pair of the dark brown ones last time, which are also nice b/c of the burnishing. The RL shoes are a lot more attractive in real life than on their website.

For the pre-sales, if you don't have a code you can pretty much walk into a store and most SA's will give you the discounts (since they work off commission). By the way, I also agree the pre-sale sucks this time... was looking forward to it but can't find anything that I want/need. Almost no sportcoats included and no new shoe syles. Very limited sportswear too, not even a basic slim fit polo is on sale. No black/purple label (although they staggered it last time).

Has anyone found any non-Marlow PTB/wing/tassel cordovans by any chance? I regret not grabbing the Lindricks or chukkas in the past.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

8. curzon

curzon Senior member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti

I got 'em exactly for sockless S/S casual. Wear 'em w/ jeans, chinos, and even 9"/11" inseam shorts. For dressy you could go w/ a seersucker or light-colored linen suit. The site's photo doesn't show the toe's antiquing accurately - it's darker IRL.

And yes, the presale is a letdown.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

9. Stirling

Stirling Senior member

Not for a while.

10. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

personally, a S/S color for casual wear. beautiful piece, compared to typical AE . I was actually tempted to get one too...

try calling the Chicago store..I'm not 100% but I thought I saw what looks similar to a McCallum Chukka displayed last week...good luck

11. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Yeah, they aren't honoring the discount on cordovan in store (my SA asked the manager, who confirmed no cordovan). I went ahead and got the penny loafers anyway (l liked the particular pair I tried on) and I just got one less sweater instead , so I stayed in budget.

12. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

^^ surprised that this specific store did not honor the discount on the shells. It seems like different stores has their own policy and what not. Sometimes SA are not too well informed about the ongoing sales. It helps if you have a go to person for such event, as they can provide consistent details.

13. stevent

stevent Senior member

I check with two Bay Area SAs and two RRL SAs all in different stores and they all said no cordovan

14. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

15. dreamtripper

dreamtripper Senior member

Is anyone 100% certain that the discount on the Marlow's works on-line? I was told by an associate at the local RL store that it is specifically on their exclusions list.

If this is indeed the case, I would be somewhat surprised if that there is an inconsistency between on-line and in-store.