• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When is the Next Mr. Porter Sale?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would have shared this in the official sales thread but Mr. P deserves a third thread. I'm simply blown away by the level of service that Mr. P U.S.A provides; high level of packaging, the timeliness of shipment, and responsiveness of the CS. Even the free pocket square was a nice touch.

Just today I received an email from CS informing me that a shoe box from a shoe order was damaged and that they would replace the box with another shoe box. I was a little confused as to why they would take the time to write but its great C.S and attention to detail, something that most large e-tailers lack. Its this kind of service that’s helped Mr. P distinguish itself from the others. Admittedly, ive only purchased a single non-sale (everything else has been 50% or more) but I wouldn’t feel bad dropping full retail just to support this company.

Just hope they can sustain this level of service. Mr. P FTW!

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Egads, what are you doing in Boise?

Mr P must hate me. I've only had one order ship within 24hr. My other 6 or 7 orders took 3-5 days to ship.
They also sent me the wrong sized item once (the mr p hang tag was wrong so it doesn't mater if the order is checked electronically). Also received an item with a ripped garment bag and it wasn't until my last order that I got one of those pocket squares.

Just ranting. I don't actually have much of complaint except for how long they've taken to ship my stuff.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've ordered a few items from them and have always appreciated the fast shipping and quick answers from customer service on the occasion when I had a question. Regarding the packaging... I personally find it a bit superfluous and wonder if they could lower their prices a couple dollars and get rid of some of that packaging. All that stuff just ends up in the trash/recycling once I get it anyway. Oh well... maybe that's just me.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ hahaha :slayer:

Feji

Reaction score
Being in Boston, I absolutely love MrP. UPS Ground takes 1 day from their warehouse, to my door. Only time they've taken more than 1-2 days to process an order for me was during the public 50% sale rush. Everything's been impeccably packed, almost to a fault (as others have noted). Pricing for most brands are competitive, sales are insane.

Only thing I'm irked about is the founding member pre-sale. While it is a nice gesture, it gets old for the non-founding members pretty quick.

OneBeLo

Reaction score
I have to agree with the high praise. I ordered the J.Crew winslow jacket that was 50% off and it was just a casual jacket mind you (a rain jacket really) but it came in a nice bag (relative to the jacket) that I could keep to hang up other jackets if I wanted. I was really impressed with both the packaging, prices and free shipping. I will certainly be looking to Mr. Porter each and every time they have a sale.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr. Porter is awesome. Some of the best packaging I have ever gotten from an online retailer. I know that if I have any issues (which is inevitable given any retailing experience) I will most likely be treated very well.

Wish I was a founder, I would be buying a lot more stuff D:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ unofficial Mr.Porter employee, expert , slave :devil: :fistbump:

Last edited:

PipersSon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Yeah how do you get the lower price if you buy before an item is marked down (and then it sells out)?:lol:

Last edited:

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably the best online store out there. TBS has it beat in the shipping category though ($10 for 2-3 day shipping from Sweden :slayer:) but that's a minor complaint.

I just wish I were a founding member.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AndrewGreg,

Get me on the founder's list or you're useless to us.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads