When is the Next Mr. Porter Sale?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NAMOR, Jan 11, 2012.

1. poorman

poorman Senior member

Can you return items in a different box? MUST. KEEP. WHITE. BOX.

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

i like mr porter. :)

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Placed an order last night and received tracking 13 hrs later. It seems that the sale really backed them up which explains the delays most have been experiencing. Still impressed with the timeliness of packaging and delivery

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012

4. AntonioPirata

AntonioPirata Well-Known Member

Ordered an item a day before the 80% markdown, called in and they wouldn't give me an adjustment :(
    Still keeping the item though, fits great.

5. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Got the Oliver Spencer Donkey Jacket in today. Fits great, made well, and is a bargain. Awesome.

6. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

I have the same jacket, but have totally different opinion.

7. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

Shipping was ground. I was just trying to be patient because some had posted that they sometimes get backed up with shipping during markdown sales.

Just called them. Turns out one of the four items I ordered was not in stock so they held the order. Someone from Porter was supposed to contact me to inform me. That is why order was held. Still does not explain why no one responded to the email I sent yesterday. Of course the item I was looking forward to most was the one they ran out of.

They could make their inventory system more accurate so that they are not "selling" items that are not in stock.

They compensated me a bit and stated they will ship the order very soon. Have already picked up a couple of nice shirts at great prices so can't be too pissed. Not very impressed by the level of service on this order.

8. Mr. Moo

What don't you like?

9. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

They are being too busy and since you choose ground shipping, you order were being processed after the express orders.
    When they process order, the warehouse will select - pick - exam - pack - electronic scan - then ship it.
    At one of these stage, if something goes wrong, they will investigate the issue. Porter's policy that, if one item was not in stock, they need to have at least 24 hours to investigate them.

IMO Mr Porter has the most accurate inventory system compare to all other online retailers. I am confident to say that.
    In a warehouse, items can be put everywhere ,especially during sale season. I believe, the sold out here means, yes, the item is still in the warehouse but they cannot find it.
    As I said above, they have different stage to process one single order, saying, if one customer make lots of implies orders and cancelled some of them but these items were being picked up, they need more time to put it back, which means they may misplace the item in somewhere. In addition, they have a department to take care of all the garments. One of my order was hold by porter because a pair of Paul Smith pants they took to steam but forgot to take it back. Compare to other retailers, porter is still the best, almost in terms of everything. Such a big company, cannot avoid a single mistake.

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Why is it called a Donkey Jacket? Makes an already weird looking jacket that much less appealing.

11. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Well I look like a farmer when wearing the jacket. I think the material and quality is OK. Cut, nothing special.
    You said it's well made, I think "well made" should have a higher standard.

12. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

It's an old style jacket for English farmers or construction workers I think

OK. i'm close enough. From wiki

"originally worn as a work jacket in the United Kingdom. ''

13. Mr. Moo

Andrew I have no idea why you would even buy that jacket with your other wardrobe purchases? Makes no sense.

14. stevent

stevent Senior member

I had no responses to my emails a few times before (over this summer, during first and second round of drops) and every time I called they picked up immediately and solved the issue immediately. Never got a response to any of those emails though.

15. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

:facepalm: I receive email from them usually within 2 hours. I will mention this problem to the girl who is helping me next time.