1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Mr. Porter Sale?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NAMOR, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior member

Are you a founding member? They did not email me and im quite a regular buyer from them..

2. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

I noticed the Dec 30 announcement on FB.

No separate email - and am not a founding member.

3. drebin

drebin Well-Known Member

It actually wasn't an email specifically about the sale. It was one of those 'Weekend Guide' emails that had the "Sale starting December 30th" further down in a small tile. I'm not a founding member, though.

4. baysidemelb

baysidemelb New Member

I'm a founding member and regular buyer and i didn't get an email either - just saw it on Facebook. So it looks like no advance sale for founding members this year which is quite annoying! Hopefully seeing it's so late they'll just go straight to 50% off not 30% off - here's hoping anyway!

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

VIP's already had 50% over a month ago. No founders earlybird this year.

6. ultramaroon

ultramaroon New Member

Does anyone know whether the shoes go up to 70% off or not during the sale? Right now, it looks like all the shoes are 50% off. I didn't pay enough attention last time at the shoes to know how the sale progresses.

7. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Probably not, that'd be a pretty big jump considering its only half way through big sale window.

8. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior member

Sales seem quite big this year. Early and most retailers immediately started with big cuts...Harvey Nichols did Balmain classic Biker Jeans and Harrods the classic tux for 50%.

I hope most of porter starts on 40-50% :p

9. nlim3482

nlim3482 Active Member

Did Mr Porter take down all the Gyakusou stock on the international site? I can't find it anymore

10. baysidemelb

baysidemelb New Member

International sale has started - hasn't appeared on the main page yet but click through to items and you'll see the reduced price

11. Banana Cognac

Banana Cognac Senior member

jus kopped the wool cashmere blazer from Kolor and pj's from Naturally Derek Rose---not much else worth getting this year.

12. bald eagle

bald eagle Member

Do they usually have another sale during the year at some stage?

13. Banana Cognac

Banana Cognac Senior member

Twice a year -- July and December. Occasionally they will offer free shipping as a promotion.

14. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior member

Quote:
    Twice a year they will have massive sales-SS clearance (June i think) and FW clearance (dec)

Other than that, they have random sales every now and then of 20-30%

15. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I got worked by the Porter vets. An additional discount kicked in overnight, and most of the stuff on my wish list is now out of stock. :fu:

16. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

17. Hockey3081

Hockey3081 Member

I'll give them a buzz tomorrow but I figured I'd ask here if anyone has experience with this. A bunch of things I bought at 70% off now show as 80% off in my Inventory, although currently sold out. I can send them back as I'm still in my return period so if they go back into inventory, they'll be reduced down to 80% (I presume). Anyone know if Mr. P would credit my purchases the difference?

18. dijor

dijor Senior member

yes you could do that and if you are lucky your are the buyer but that is not the way you should do business.

19. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

It won't hurt to ask, but if you do the return/rebuy thing then you risk losing out on them. I did that once and it worked, though it was a 20% difference and I was worried I'd miss out.

20. Stillblade

Stillblade Senior member

Anyone have an idea of how long they take to process an exchange? My return gets back tomorrow and I'm seriously antsy for the new size to get here soon :foo: