1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Mr. Porter Sale?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NAMOR, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Archimedes

Archimedes Active Member

I believe it was sooner, definitely before New Year's if I remember correctly

2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Full refund, free return shipping.

I ordered a pair of pants and only later noticed a god awful embroidery on the rear pocket :embar: Will be an instant return when it arrives.

3. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

You might want to email Mr Porter customer support and make sure it's okay, but you can probably just leave a note for the UPS guy refusing delivery of that package. Save you from having to ship it back.
    If you have UPS MyChoice I think you can even do it online before it reaches you.

4. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

There's something else in the package that I want though.

5. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

anyone cop anything nice? Seems like most stuff is gone even at 50% off.

6. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Senior member

got a couple of GV shirts and the BoO varsity, but will probably end up gifting the varsity to my brother because it doesn't fit me well

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i grabbed the Jean Shop belt. sizing is crazy on this thing, size XS fits a size 32-33 and is even a little bit big. but it's exactly what i was looking for :slayer:

8. poorman

poorman Senior member

ahh I still have store credit to spend but nothing to spend it on. :(

9. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

If you find yourself desperate to get rid of credit you could always proxy for someone at a discount

(dibs)

10. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

I primarily buying accessories from porter now.

11. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

12. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

The higher price reflects a more expensive brand name as well as cashmere blended with the wool. One is made in Italy (Prorsum) versus the other likely made in China (London), and the Prorsum is presumably made to a higher standard with better construction, finer materials and detailing (e.g. horn buttons instead of plastic), etc.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  13. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

GT, I think London is mostly made in Romania. Brit is more likely to be made in China.

14. jscan

jscan New Member

Burberry London items are made everywhere. Turkey, Romania, Poland, China, Hong Kong, I've seen the odd item made in Bosnia too in the past.

I own a few Burberry Prorsum items, The trench coat below, a few cashmere knits & other pieces all Made in Italy. The quality is amazing, the fabrics, the stitching is the best of the best. Although some of the jeans from the Prorsum line are made in China + Turkey, same with the t shirts.

http://au.burberry.com/store/menswe.../prod-44555591-mid-length-cotton-trench-coat/

Regarding the two coats, I actually like the look of the London one better. You will probably find the fabrics and finishing details are the main
    differences between the Prorsum. + The London one is likely made in Turkey / Romania. For this particular piece I would settle with the London one.

15. Krissly

Krissly Member

Doesn anyone know when the next big sale will be, ....January, February ?

16. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior member

London can sometimes be made in Italy. My London Trench (bought about 3 years ago) was

17. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

I looked at a London trench yesterday which was tagged Made in England.

18. Carl London

Carl London Member

any news on this seasons sale start date ? will it be before or after new years ?

19. drebin

drebin Well-Known Member

Got an email saying December 30th. I can only guess that it's going by UK time.

20. Carl London

Carl London Member

Ok, Thankyou.