• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When is the Next Mr. Porter Sale?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My orders from Tuesday on the UK site finally marked as shipped today.

Any guesses as to when(if) we'll get final drops on the UK site?

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im trying to decide which one I should keep.

http://www.mrporter.com/product/303149

http://www.mrporter.com/product/303498

Told myself I would only keep one. I think I like the spurr one overall more..better quality and more uniqe, however not sure when or what situations I would wear it.

The Burberry I could wear over my suit to work in the winter, although the color isnt traditional for a trench.

What do you guys think?

Curious_George

Reaction score
I can't speak for the quality between the two, but I'd keep the Burberry without hesitation. I love the non-traditional color myself. I don't care for the color of the Spurr coat, the abundance of pockets, or the belt (belted short coat isn't a look I like). There's many coats of a similar enough style I'd take from Belstaff and Barbour before that Spurr design.

Last edited:

ggoofer

Reaction score
I can't speak for the quality between the two, but I'd keep the Burberry without hesitation. I love the non-traditional color myself. I don't care for the color of the Spurr coat, the abundance of pockets, or the belt (belted short coat isn't a look I like).

Agreed. The belt looks silly to me on such a short jacket.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Burberry is nice, keep it!

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree about the spurr belt..strange on a short jacket and sort of unnecessary. It is removable though

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mr.P honored a price adjustment. Bought a jacket at 70% off, then dropped to 80% off. Refunded 150 in credit. Btw, this was through email. For those that didn't get a price adjustment, what was the difference between the purchase price and lowest price? I'm trying to figure out why some got adjustments and others didnt

Last edited:

Crooow

Reaction score
FWIW, I placed an order early Tuesday morning, which has been in process this whole time (and I had just assumed was going to be canceled for lack of inventory). However, I just got the notice that it has shipped. :slayer:

So for anyone else waiting, don't give up hope. :)

Last edited:

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Regarding the Price Adjustment -

I purchased this jacket http://www.mrporter.com/product/303498 at 70% off, Tried it on and loved it, but felt as if there were other things I would prefer to have for $600. Signed up to return it, but then mr. porter marked down to 80% off. Do you think if I called them they would honor a price adjustment if I kept it?

thanks

I know this jacket. you bought it at 70% off, that should be more than a week ago(before the final reduction). So I'd say, they probably won't give you price adjustment since your size are sold out.
why do you try posting here first before you even call?

i would argue with them that all you have to do is send it back and then repurchase it at that 80% price so they should just honor it but who knows

Yes he can do that. But

No It would not happen. Did I explained, after Monday 11:59 p.m everything will be marked sold out. Even after that time, customer returned it, Porter WILL NOT sell it to other customers.I don't know what they do with returned goods , but after that point, they don't tell it to other customers.

In addition, if the size he bought is sold out, the chance he can repurchase it is very small, because after he returned it, Porter WILL NOT our it back to online inventory immediately. So everyone has chance to buy it.

I didn't know Mr Porter had a standing diplomatic commission here in Styleforum.
Is this just a permanent mission? Or is High Commissioner AndrewGreg returning home after the sale ends on January 18th?

I'm a customer who bought lot of stuff from the website. I'm here to share my experience and they don't pay me.
Man I don't need commission to buy my Lobb, YSL and Lanvins.:satisfied:

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for those of you who are still buying stuff, consider yourselves lucky. all the XS folks cleaned out all the stock :plain:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im not getting tracking no. after 3 days from ordering a pair of sneakers.. no baller no service? :confused:

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My stuff has been sitting in a UPS facility less than 20 miles from me since Friday and won't be delivered until Monday... -_-

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ San Pablo? Ive experience a similar situation where an item arrives to distribution center ahead of schedule but then just sits there for multiple days. Item is still delivered on time but of course I would like to have it even sooner.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads