• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stylego

Reaction score

Anyone know what "tic" means in BB language? They have "tic" pants and a "tic" suit. The images on the web site are highly compressed JPEGs so I can't see from the pictures alone what "tic" might mean. Is it a texture? I tried googling this all over the place and found nothing. Thanks.

If you look you can see a slight pattern to the fabric. Others who know better might be able to confirm, but I think it's a pinhead pattern.

rollafan

Reaction score
Ordered two items online on the 26th, they shipped it today and getting the items on the 30th (standard shipping)! Well done BB.

Although it kind of surprised me that one is shipping from NC, while other one is shipping from CT..

bluesdance

Reaction score
annoying things that happened tonight at the Brooks Brothers Miami (Bal Harbour) store
-very heavy traffic on the way there
-i'm going to have to pay $18 to get them to shorten jacket sleeves that I bought online despite quasi availability of free alterations
-had to back order some shirts, the SA wrote out everything on a piece of paper including my credit card number. said she'd run the order later. this is how we do things in 2011?
-got an email while I was at the counter telling me a teacher and friend of mine had died*

* Adrienne Cooper, one of the greatest Yiddish singers of her generation.
http://www.forward.com/articles/148583/
http://www.adriennecooper.com/Adrienne_Cooper/Adrienne_Cooper_Videos.html

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Though I love my milanos I think I will have to shorten the length as I prefer a break. Should I wash the milanos first and then take it to the tailor or does it not matter?

Also, though the ESF shirts fit well I would still want to make it more slim around the triceps as well as perhaps bring a bit in from the back. This is all possible with the non-iron shirts?

inq89

Reaction score

Picked up a Regent and a Milano (Saxxon wool) suit last night. Could keep one or both or possibly try to exchange one... May need SF assistance to determine fit. I got this response from BB customer service (below) about Regent vs. Fitzgerald, but I found that the Regent was slimmer than the Fitzgerald (IMO).
No US-made sports coats at the store last night. Only found Traditional Fit OCBDs (made in USA). Overcoats were a steal. I think that I'm starting to save for the summer sale today...

I also find the Regent to be slimmer than the Fitz, but alas they don't make solid colors for the Regent! Shame too, since I prefer side vents to the Ftiz's center vent but I needed a solid navy suit more.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I managed to get two sweaters (after 30 minutes on the phone). One of them, despite being listed as in stock through checkout, would show sold out during review of order.

Being out of town, I called my local BB and they agreed to hold a couple suits for me so I can take a look before I purchase.

This post-Christmas sale was sad for me - nothing at Off Fifth, Last Call, or the BB outlet near me.

dasai

Reaction score
Gah... after ordering a pair of wingtips on the 26th, it occurs to me I should have also picked up pair of lambskin gloves and a sweater vest while they were an extra 20% off. Hindsight is 20/20, as they say... :fu:

Guess I'll have to hope they still have some size Small in the colors I want by the time winter clearance rolls around.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does BB provide free alterations for jackets bought online? Curious because I bought a Saxxon sport coat @ 50% off at the end of winter last year.

Wolfador

Reaction score

Does BB provide free alterations for jackets bought online? Curious because I bought a Saxxon sport coat @ 50% off at the end of winter last year.

I have always gotten them for free but I believe it depends on your rapport with the SA

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone get Free Shipping if they placed an order online during the 40%+20% and spent more than $150? I thought I was getting free shipping but actually got charged $13

518aata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Typically, Brooks charges for alterations on sale items. But, their alterations charges are usually less than what a tailor would charge.

Did anyone get Free Shipping if they placed an order online during the 40%+20% and spent more than $150? I thought I was getting free shipping but actually got charged $13

They pulled the free shipping over $200 offer for the after-Christmas sale. Tough to complain when you're getting 40+20 off.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's funny, on Dec. 26 I was getting additional 20% off on sale items, now I am getting 25% off on sale items. I was getting 25% off prior to the sale. Go figure.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's funny, on Dec. 26 I was getting additional 20% off on sale items, now I am getting 25% off on sale items. I was getting 25% off prior to the sale. Go figure.

Same here. However, my SA honored the 40% plus 25% off pricing.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, my total was $184 and I was charged $13 for shipping.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads