1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

2. forex

forex Senior member

BB just added Coniston boots to sale, I'd buy if they weren't black fucking nubuck, price is higher too. Why not $150?:D

3. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

4. amathew

amathew Senior member

Just a question, in terms of fit, are these suits pretty slim. like Fitzgerald, Regent, or Milano fit.

5. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Someone kopped my charcoal BB2 suit while I am on the phone with my bank trying to re-mortgage my house to finance my suit purchase. :censored:

6. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

7. amathew

amathew Senior member

8. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I think you need to check it out and come to your own conclusions. If you've just started reading SF/AAAC, etc., you'll find that people have varying perceptions of quality and value. The design, the love-him-or-hate-him nature of Thom Browne, and people's complicated feelings about the history of Brooks Brothers bring out the critics.

Plus, that AAAC thread is old--when the line first started it was more expensive and more of it was made in Italy.

9. bellyhungry

I can't believe they won't let me stack my corporate discount on top of the 75% discount. :fu:

10. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

I tried. :embar:

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah suits were $2700 each and then dropped to $1900. For $400 you are getting a full canvas southwick made suit in pretty good quality fabric. It's a good deal. Epaulet has a half canvas Southwick for $595 or $650ish and once you add on pants these are half price. Pretty much the same cut but not as shrunken. My other two suits were a bit more than this and I had to shop / wait a long time to get them. And like shoreman said, plenty of people just outright hate Thom Browne so anything associated with him is bad. AAAC is also much more MC than SW&D

Fitz and Regent in 38S are a bit tight 40S doesn't feel right on me. BB2 is perfect. I like the more natural shoulders (Italian made ones have almost no padding) and the shorter length / sleeves as I'm short. Also it seems to be cut with higher armholes.

+1

It's pretty staple minus the lapels but if you are under 25 and 6 foot it should have been an autokop. I had the exact Navy one I'm pretty sure and a pretty similar Caruso gray one so I got the charcoal. You can always finish sleeves nonworking and cut the locker loop off the back if it's not for you. People should mention tailoring costs in this as some people probably would want to spend the money on working cuffs at the tailor.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  12. amathew

amathew Senior member

Should have been more clear, but I was asking about how the Black Fleece suits compared in fit to the three slim fits from the general BB line.

13. stevent

stevent Senior member

Ah ok, I'd say probably the slimmest? I don't have experience with those other than trying on every once in a while so can't be too sure. Americanish suits usually don't work for my shoulders as they are either two wide or too thin (front to back)

14. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

From my experience with black fleece and the other BB suit lines, I would say for slimness milano > black fleece > fitzgerald. Milano seems to have a stronger drop than black fleece off the rack, but I am comparing a recent Milano to the season 1 black fleece. The fitzgerald fits like a sack suit on me compared to the other 2.

I typically wear a 36s/38s in RLBL (I'm in between the two due ot the exagerrated RLBL shoulders), and BB1 or milano 38s fit me with some waist suppression.

As someone else mentioned, if you are even considering it you should just pull the trigger. You can easily return it to a local BB or resell on the forums if it doesn't work.

15. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Did anyone grab the suede wingtips and if so, could you provide the style number? Thanks

16. stevent

stevent Senior member

Style number is 22AH, didn't end up getting a pair though as not sure usability of shoe and I'd rather get essentials first

17. bellyhungry

Fuck! Someone also kopped the grey BB2 suit when I was in a con call. :fu::censored:

Received the blazer today....The shoulder and waist are perfect but the flap is a bit wider than I wanted, especially if worn with my slim fit pants or jeans. Is this something easily fixed by a tailor?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  18. stevent

stevent Senior member

You might get lucky if someone checked out and didn't pay, it'll show up in stock hours later. Just keep it in your cart and keep checking. That's how I got the style number on the shoes

19. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Thanks stevent

20. PortendingEnnui

PortendingEnnui Member

I purchased a suit online and a local BB is telling me the normally included tailoring is not free because I ordered it online. The associate stated that if I had ordered it through her then it would have been. Is this true or are they being difficult for some other reason?